Do guys really care what degree or education a woman has?

My dad is a status snob and very judgmental. I am pursuing a doctorate-level degree mostly because he always pushed me to.

He always says it will help me find a man. I don't think so. I want to be a traditional wife and not a "career woman." I am fine with being educated but I don't think the men I like will care if I am a teacher or a business woman. Isn't this true? I thought men don't like women who are too career-oriented and not family-oriented. I don't plan to go into the big corporate world despite my degree. He pushed me into it and so let him carry the guilt for forcing me to do something that didn't make me happy and pressuring me my entire life.

Do men even care about these things?

Most Helpful Guy

• I waited years to find a woman who was my equal. Both in knowledge and desire to build a great life... Turns out she was even smarter and more driven than me. It makes for an awesome partnership. You are a modern woman.. You have even more choices then men do. And women in their 20s are making more money and have better jobs than men. Be your self and make sure to pick a man who will be a great partner and not just in bed or to look at. That's advice from a dad who puts his little girl on a pedestal.

What Guys Said 10

• I see myself as a somewhat intellectual guy and want a woman who's at least as smart as I am. I want to have meaningful conversations on a wide variety of topics. She'll also need to have compatible kinks.

• I only care that she has a bachelors degree that can help her get a stable job that she can contribute to our budget whether she is a teacher or PHD candidate is irrelevent

• I couldn't care less. The only thing that counts to me is to make sure that my wife could take care of herself and the family if anything would make this impossible to me. Beyond that it's all up to her. I bring the money home, she can decide what suits her best - and so far she wants to stay home and be a housewife.

Have to add though that she has a bachelor already, more out of interest in the subject than really out of need.

• Not at all, I would care most about having good chemistry with my wife. Having a degree is not a perquisite for a happy marriage. If anything, he's grooming you to marry someone like himself.

Looks like you're gonna' have to put your foot down and set some boundaries with your folks. They've lived their live, time for you to live yours. They can either be a part of it or not.

• I care. I want an intelligent woman that can at least comprehend what I do for a living, and can have intelligent conversations about things other than what they saw on E! News.

• Hotness and personality are way more important. A bachelors is a nice to have only as a statement of a certain level of intelligence and ability to work hard. Beyond that, you'll probably miss the marriage train because you'll be studying. Teacher > business woman for sure.

• I don't care at all. As long as you aren't constantly expecting me to pamper you with gifts and fancy things.

• Nope... not in the least. If they have a zest for life it means nothing

• No. Most of them don't.

• as long as you have a bachelors thats good enough because it shows you won't be working at walmart for 20 years. you don't need a phd or md just enough to ensure you'll be able to get a real job.

if you're more successful than most men it can even backfire since we want to the bread winners and I can see it being slightly emasculating if your wife makes more than you. (for some men anyways)

What Girls Said 1

• If you're EXTREMELY good-looking, you don't have to worry- there will always be a guy who will care for you as long as you put out. If you aren't super hot, then of course, you should cultivate your mind and get a job, make decent money to support yourself.

Some men care about the degree/education a woman has. My sister is a doctor and the kinds of dudes she's interested in want professional women. They want doctors too for the most part.

Regardless, you should always strive to support yourself. Don't put yourself in a position where you have to depend on others.