What are some of the most important things when a man is looking for a wife?

What are some of the most important things when a man is looking for a wife? Loyalty? What is your denifition of a "good girl"? Will youu marry a woman who has multiple partners in the past?

Serious answers please!

Most Helpful Guy

• Who hasn't had multiple partners by the time they get married these day. :p

Basically be good hearted
    Don't be a doormat
    Be loyal
    Respect your man
    Ambitious
    Good sex drive

What Guys Said 8

• I dont actually know what the poster before me is talking about, but moving on:

I could care less about whether the girl has had previous partners. What I would concern myself with is her. Do her and I fit together, can we be around each other, does she make me happy. Can she take care of herself? Is she clingy? Is she helpless? Is she crazy? Good crazy? Bad Crazy? Is she willing to work with me to build something? or does she want to be taken care of? Is she genuine? Does she have principles? Ideals? Goals? Are her goals and my goals compatible.

There are a list of things that go through my head when I start dating someone. I also am looking for a partner in life, not someone who wants to be taken care of and not lift a finger to help. No princesses need apply.

• A man who is husband material and looking for a wife will be looking for a woman that he respects. This breaks down into many traits, but the following two are the most important: (1) she is conscientious and (2) she does not have sex outside relationships and she is slow to introduce sex into relationships.

A man who is husband material wants a woman who will not let herself be used for sexual gratification by players and jerks. This means that (to the best of his knowledge) she does not do hook-ups, friends with benefits, or anything like that. Instead, she looks for men who are husband material and lets the relationship develop without sex until she knows (to the best of her knowledge) that the relationship is genuine. In other words: it is one thing to ask a man to walk the beaten path, but quite another to ask him to have sex with it.

In addition, a man who is husband material wants a woman who is conscientious, not just toward him, but toward everyone who has done no wrong to her. For example, if you and a man who is husband material stay together in a hotel room, then you would take pity on the maids who do an often disgusting and thankless job by insisting that you and him clean up the room before leaving -- so you both throw away the Kleenex, wipe away loose hairs from the sink, fold up the sheets by the door, and so on. A man who is husband material may find this slightly annoying at the time, but he will work with you to complete the task and will look back on what happened with great respect for you.

You would be surprised at how many women fail to meet these two criteria.

• Companionship. Good company. The ability to be comfortable around them. Genuine. Similar outlook on life and morals. Honesty is important, of course there are details even a close partner doesn't want to hear but you need to be able to be honest about it with them.

Letting you live your own life without crowding or holding you back.

Some people go on about "soulmates", and "the one". Personally I think it's nonsense in selecting a wife. If you wait around for this you will be waiting a long time.

• If you want to be good wife material you need to know how to lie, when to lie, and what to lie about as well as be able to manage yourself without someone constantly watching over you. It's basically just signing up for another job with a person with an emotional angle behind it.

• What?

Dude, no. lol

• See. Your original reply was crap. Your last post was golden lol

• This is completely unhealthy.

• All these should go both ways in a husband-wife relationship:

Unconditional Love
    Loyalty
    Compatible personalities (i.e. you guys enjoy doing things together)
    Sense of humor
    Similar Family values
    Ambition
    And here is an extra tip... Always share what is on your mind. If it is something that might upset him or her, figure out a way to communicate it in a non-confrontational way. Communication is key to any relationship.

• Don't care about past I care about how nice she is and positive , and also how much fun we have together ,, that's all

• A girl who is just as devoted to the bible and my god as much as I am, A girl who tries to stay modest and pure until and after marriage, Obviously a girl who knows when to let loose and have some fun, when not to go overboard and, when to be serious, and one of the most important ones, she will love me forever no matter what happens.

• I'm pretty afraid of ending up alone so my only criteria for women to start with is that she likes me and things could go from there

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, you are going about it the wrong way. I used to think like this, but I realized when I stopped asking how to become what he wanted and understood how to make myself better, I became the type he liked. But most importantly I was what I wanted to be - career focused, educated, and driven to get more. Strive to be the best you, not the best wife or watever he wants. They end up being the same thing.

• There isn't any set rules for what a man will look for, every man will look for something different. They will look for you fits with them the best. They aren't all out there saying "well if she's not a virgin, god fearing girl I'm not going to marry her". I wasn't a virgin and sure don't go to church anywhere near enough! But neither is my husband. We have a lot in common. We love the outdoors! We hunt together, fish together, camp, canoe, I put up with his asshole friends...not for the fact they are his friends but because I like them too...they are my friends as well. I'm kinda an asshole, so is my husband, so our friends. Me and my husband just fit, we are just meant to be a couple.

• Have an attractive face and personality and body.