Are men desperate to get married after 35?

Would you, or have you known a man to marry someone who either 1. Cheated 2. Is a bitch 3. Just isn't good enough for them. And for whatever reason, desperate to not be alone or whatever the reason. Really interested In stories 35+ but excited for any kind of story on the topic...

Most Helpful Guy

• No not desperate.. They are usually at the point where they spread the seed, played the field as much as they wanted and are actually looking to settle down a bunch.

What Guys Said 5

• Some are, but generally not as short term desperate. Not as suggests a comparison, and I'm awkwardly saying 'not as desperate as some women are'.

Women that age are often -quite rightly- feeling their window on having children is closing. Men MAY feel that life is passing them by, their friends are moving on, but if they know they will get married in a few years, they're not so worried, generally.

• Men are NEVER desperate to get married.
    We WANT to get married at some point but that is only if the girl we are seeing fits most of what we are looking for in a wife.
    I think that is one thing women (friends to guys, not the slutty ones) don't realize. They too are on the auction block right up there next to their sluttier friends.

• I Never will be even with I'm 50.

However I have know guys in there 30's who ended up settling for Women they were unhappy with just for the sake of not being alone.

Which is pathetic in my opinion. But some people feel like they can't do any better.

• Not really. As a guy you've probably have your self a good career by then and no responsibilities. Why mess that up with marriage? Doesn't matter if i feel lonely, a shitty relationship will leave you feeling lonely to.

• It depends on the person but I think single people in that age group do tend to be more "motivated" to get married, but I would say it's much more true of women than men, especially if they have no kids yet.

What Girls Said 1

• I've known men who were desperate to get married in their late twenties. Some people just can't stand being alone.