How long much time until proposal?

How long do you think you should be with someone before you start to think about asking someone to marry you and why?

• 1-3 months
  • 4-6 months
  • 7-9 months
  • 10-12 months
  • 1 year+

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the age; I think the older you get the less time for a proposal because you know yourself and you'd know if it would work, whereas if you're 20, you are still trying to figure life out and you change a lot as you mature.
    I think for my age, maybe 2yrs, or around that.

What Girls Said 13

• You need significant time to get to know them, which depending on how often you see each other I'd say 6 months, but for LDR I would say 2 years.

• At least a year.

• A year or more. ...

• It should be more than a year, if you are getting engaged too quickly it could go wrong. Moving too fast doesn't give you enough time to really know the person and see how your relationship is step by step.

• No sooner than 3 years, preferably 5

• 2-3 years at least, if even then.

• 2 to 3 years , less would be really fast

• 3 or 4 years haha

• A year or more would be best.

• 3 or 4 years.

• 1-3 months? Are you serious? whoa..

• I agree with you on that. I have been with my girlfriend for 9 months and 16 days including today

• General rule of thumb is 3 years, and at least half a year of living together so you know what you're getting into

• 3 Years at least and you should live together before then just to get an idea of how it would be like to just have that person by you all the time.

What Guys Said 5

• I ask my wife to marry me 3 hours after we met this was after I made lov to her for the fourth time that night we met

• Really? That is an extremely short amount of time. How could anyone know they want to marry someone after only 3 hours of meeting them. How could you really know anyone. You wouldn't know how they are unless you and the other person lived together, did things together, gone places together, spent holidays together etc.

• There is no way you could have clicked like you have known each other for years. If it was like knowing her for a year would turn out to be like knowing enough about her that would be equal to knowing her for 4 months in an hour.

• well we did and we are going on 13 years of marriage this October

• If you're smart, you'd be at least 4 or 5 years into a sexual relationship before you think about it.
    Anything less is a recipe for disaster.

• Why do you think that long is needed and how can anytime less be a disaster

• Where do you get the idea that 50% of women will turn on their partner by the 4 year mark?

• 40 years of experience and much research.
      Here's a taste of it www.macleans.ca/culture/books/the-two-year-itch/

• Minimum of a year for me personally I would do it at about 2 years maybe 3.

• Why get married?

• A LOOOOONNNNNNGGGG Timmmeee... cause like... you gots to be cool and like... cool! yeP!