My husband is an EXTREME cheapeskate? I need help?

He is frugal to the point that its taking a turn for the worst. Before we tied the knots he was never like this. Let me share some stories , so you can better understand:

To cut down on energy costs, our family has one light bulb that we bring around the house with us to light up the room we're in. If we part ways we must use a candle. Under my husband's rules.

At grocery store, he unpeels bananas and takes grapes off the vines so they'll weigh less when he goes to pay for them.

One time he took us to the movies (I was super excited for we haven't been there for years) during the movie I was craving some popcorn and a soft drink. My husband then proceeds to dig through the garbage can for a used popcorn bag to refill it ( my movies offer free refills)

This is getting way out of hand. Should I accept him or try to change him? I'm a stay at home mom by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• It sounds like you are low income. You do not need to carry around a bulb. Buy some fluorescent or led bulbs. If you have cable tv or internet then consider getting rid of it. Being low income you could qualify for various education grants. He could go to college and find a better paying job. You should also cook as often as possible. Fast food gets expensive. Just live within your means. Maybe you can have a relative watch the kids while you get a part time job. Living in your condition is no way to live and you can do better.

• lol... well your a young family with a child and only one income so money could be tight..lol...but those are some pretty extreme ways to do it.

he could use led bulbs or even florescent blubs and USE THEM and still save as much on power a year as you do carrying one regular light bulb form room to room

popcorn bag , that's just nasty sorry

how does the grocery store like him peeling the bananas and picking grapes...lol

just going to make a wild guess and say his job has a small income and he stresses about bills you mite talk with him about you getting a part time job or a home job to help bring in a little extra income to help out

• Sounds like you're laughing at us ): thanks for the advice

• no we have all been there at some point. I was living on my own right out of high school and got married a year later and first baby a 1.5 years after that So I do understand money getting tight an stress it cause.

being young y'all just have to work out a budget that works best for you with what you have now. The led light bulbs would save enough to pay for them slefs in the first year and safer then you carrying light bulbs. if your at home you could also try gardening to help supplement part of the grocery bills

• LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you need to get a job.

• IT SEEMS THAT HE NEEDS TO MEET A PSYCHIATRIST AND EVEN IF HE DOES NOT CHANGE SORRY TO TELL YOU THAT YOU BETTER DIVORCE OR EVEN U WILL TURN LIKE HIM.

• Is there any chance at all that he has an addiction.. possibly to gambling?

• Wow... that sounds pretty horrible.

• rich doctor /= using a lot of money

• does your husband collect garbage for living?

• As I said before Anonymous, he's a doctor.

• done with trolling? huh

• Im serious -_-

What Girls Said 6

• Lmao Your husband is crazy. I can see how that would get annoying. Having candles lying around with matches (and 4 children) in the house is dangerous.

You need to get a JOB! Work midnight shifts, while he his home at night. Or get a work from home job as a virtual assistant, customer service rep, medical transcriptionist, est.

There is no excuse for you not working.

• I know he's super crazy hehe but he's mines (;

• Omg...thats tough. maybe do a small at homme day care bussiness? or make candles or jewellry and sell online?

you know, i would probably do the popcorn thing too...no people spit out kernals thats gross :x

• Thank you for your advice (:

• Home business is a great idea. You can easily make 50k if talented and you offer it to stores.

• The last one where he took food from the garbage can...there was a guy on the show Extreme Cheapskates that did the same thing... Where this is true or a troll I would say talk some sense into him first. If he refuses to change then don't marry him, he will only get worse with time.

• But I already married him

• Oh no! That will encourage his cheapness :O

• Yeah then it's best not to let him know that show exists.

• I would not put up with that. At all. I would be peacing out pretty quick if I were in that situation

• You should try to get a job or suggest going to counseling. that sounds OCD to me. Like really.

• Comg ew leave him..