okay - so my boyfriend and I have decided to keep ourselves pure until marriage, which is proving to be a lot harder than I thought it would. we've been dating for over a year, and naturally we've slipped up, but nothing too extreme. he has incredible self control, and most of the time I'm the one who can't say no.

the other night we got to finally be alone after way too long of a separation for me, and we definitely crossed our boundaries. I ended up giving him a hand job (or was in the middle of it rather), when he decided to stop before things 'got too far'.

then, later that night, he sent me a text saying something along the lines of "i enjoyed that, but I enjoyed cuddling more"...

is that normal? cause honestly I thought guys were supposed to be more hormonal than that :P

let me know what you guys think!

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like your boyfriend is trying very hard to stick to his morals and values, and I think that's admirable. I think these morals are in the minority and that is the only sense in which they are not "normal." I don't think it's weird at all; you guys are adamant about certain things and are living by your convictions.

What Guys Said 1

• Not all guys are identical.

What Girls Said 1

• I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we decided to wait till marriage. My boyfriend has the incredible self-control, Not me. So yeah it's normal. ALL guys are different. So don't freak out cause he's like that! Sounds like you got a good man!

Good luck on everything!