What's your opinion, instead of a husband providing for his wife, a wife provides for her husband?

Like the question asks, what's your opinion, instead of a husband providing for his wife, a wife provides for her husband.

Most Helpful Girl

• It happens, and it's not big deal. A couple is a TEAM.

What Girls Said 15

• I don't really agree that idea. I mean, I know myself I am independent but I still do believe that its the man's role to be a provider.. woman's role to be nurturer..

I believe man is man for a reason..and same thing with women.. if women can bear child which man can't do, means women are more capable of being more of nurturer in nature..
    If man has testosterone which women doesn't have, means men is more stronger that enables him to work strenously than women which makes his role more of being hunter or provider by nature..
    I won't doubt if man feels inadequate if they won't be provider because I do believe it has something to do with hormones which is uncontrollable..

But I prefer half-half if its agreed by my man and if he won't feel insecure to whoever will play as provider..

• iv always thought of marriage as teamwork. that both should provide for each other.

• I don't see a problem with it. What's the difference? One of them needs to work so they can have a decent life.

I don't see why there is such a double standard with who is the breadwinner of the household. It's fucking silly.

• Wow, funny how some of the guys who answered are saying they would not be okay with this. Yet there are so many guys who continue to spew their crap about how women only want them or will only stay with them for their money or high income and shit.

• I'm okay with women working and even making more than me. I'm also okay if she wants to be a stay at home mom. But the one scenario I'm not okay with is staying home and being provided for.

• It would still be a whole lot better than having to pay boatloads of money to have some stranger raise your own kids in a daycare.

• I think anyone providing for their spouse is only okay if it's for kids or school. Or it's temporary. The gender roles are insignificant in this scenario.

• I know a family like that I mean the husband works but he's mostly stay at home dad part time job. She brings home the bacon ha ha

My opinion is what ever works I used to be the only one working and then things got flipped around and now my bf does all the working. i don't see it as an issue but personally I would say everyone should be providing. but there is always circumstances that limit that.

• My opinion is a couple can choose what is right for them. If this is their choice, then there is nothing wrong with it.

• It's no different, still a family, still lovwe

• I don't think it matters. It's all up to whatever the couple is comfortable with.

• It's cool. My parents switched roles.

• I think, a man should take care of his wife. ONLY ON TWO OCCASIONS: 1) she is having his kid and taking care of it a.k.a stay at home mom. OR 2) She lost her job.

Other than that, personally, I don't like being taken care of because then it becomes an everlasting chain of 'I took care of you and you can't do the same for me?'

• I think that sucks. Idkkkk maybe it's my brainwashed mentality from the way society raises us.. But I feel like I would want my husband to provide for me. I want to feel safe and protected and cared for by my husband. If I was providing for him... I would feel superior. And I wouldn't want to be superior. But these days women are more educated then man and are becoming the providers for the home which is cool and all. I don't know I don't really mind if I provide.. As long as my husband provides too.

• I don't have the career capacity for it, but if I did that'd be fine if he took care of the kids.

• Not okay. The man is lazy and weak for accepting that from his wife

• So if a woman doesn't work is she lazy and weak?

• So all tho's women throughout history, who had their husbands provide for them while they took care of the kids and house where just being weak and lazy.

• This would be fine if he then took care of the kids instead and had dinner ready each night.

It's funny how all the guys answers are that this is not cool yet they call women gold diggers and cold hearted money grabbers for mostly dating guys that earn more than them. It's not because we are gold diggers but because men are so fragile with their egos lol this question proves it even more

• False. Hyper feminine heiress is ideal.

• But you said if she works it's too Manish for you, if you say it's just an heiress you'd accept its because the money and her lack of working helps you overcome the stigma.

• sure, i dont see a problem with this... :)

What Guys Said 7

• Not in a million years would I be okay with that in regards to my own life.

• Eh I would prefer it we both provided but I guess I wouldn't mind that we well..

• I'm not really into careerist types. Too mannish.

Would only work with an heiress.

• Not into careerist type woman, suppose her career was a high paid p*rn star, would she still be too mannish.

• No, but they'd be fucked up probably.

• husband and wife are a team they pick each others slack up and that's how its should work and be

• Whatever works for you.

Personally, I feel good as a man providing for my family.

• I wouldn't feel like a man that way.