How do you feel about gay marriage?

It honestly doesn't bother me. Love is love no matter what the body parts say.

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as a woman doesn't propose to me, she can marry whoever she wants. :P

What Guys Said 16

• I'm all for it

my uncle is gay. he'd been with his partner in a monogamous relationship for 35 years (longer than most straight people's marriage I know). I was thrilled the day I heard new York had lifted the ban on same sex marriages, so he could finally have the government recognize that he and his partner's relationship was just as legitimate as any straight couples

• The same people that don't care about marriage to begin with are the same people screaming that gay marriage is a "right". No it isn't a right, gay people are not being restricted of a right.

They have the same equal legal rights as all of us, obviously they're not going to be marrying someone of the opposite gender but it doesn't change that this right is there.

I believe marriage is between a man and a woman and should be a major life commitment. Gay's generally can have civil unions which allow them pretty much all the same rights without the name "marriage".

• Consenting adults should have the same legal rights as everyone else. There's really no logical reason to prevent that.

• Not allowing gay couples to marry and neglecting them equal rights is abhorrent, especially in 2014. Gay people have the same right to unhappy marriages and losing half of their stuff in divorce as everyone else. I say that jokingly but it's a issue I'm passionate about. Fortunately, the generation of people opposed to equal rights are dying out. Literally.

• Opposed. Society has a vested interested in doing everything to promote and strengthen marriage, and that includes recognizing that marriage is between a man and woman only.

• How does two men getting married weaken your heterosexual marriage? What do you fear will happen if gay people can marry?

• shouldn't the gov't crack down on websites like jennymadison (or whatever the site is that promotes adultery), or swinging... aren't those all bigger threats to the institution of marriage then two men or two women getting hitched?

• Why don't you make a "question" about websites like jennymadision or whatever, and we can discuss that, there? This thread seems to be about "how do you feel about gay marriage?"

• I honestly wonder why the government is telling the Churches who they can and cannot marry... That's the whole reason this is even an issue.

Don't care who people want to marry, have at it.

• "who they can and cannot marry" - because it's *sacred* matrimony... it's a religious event?

• Read what I said again, I was questioning why the GOVERNMENT is telling the churches who they can marry, I was saying that it should be 100% up to the churches.

• "I've got a bad feeling about this."
    "Really? I've got kind of a luke-warm feeling about this."
    "I have no feelings."
    In all honesty, I'm not getting married any time soon and homosexuals getting married doesn't effect my life in any way, shape or form. So yeah, it's perfectly fine.

• I think it is great and I have no problems with it.

• Homosexuality is unnatural to me, so i think its creepy

• How is it unnatural? Many animals display homosexual evidence, and the evidence strongly suggests that homosexuality is at least in part biological.

• So? Appeal to nature fallacy is no basis for an argument.

• On a side note, im homophobic

• In favour of it, it doesn't affect me in any way, if two people love each other so what? Let them be happy, there's enough hate in this world allready.

• ditto. in my opinion gender is not linked to love.

• Idea is good but the implementation went wrong..

• I'm not gay, but I'm totally okay with gays getting married and adopting kids.

• marriage is only between both genders (guy and girl) not the same genders and thats how it only should be people who are gay are obviously suffering from retardation or confusion plus there are different levels or types of love for example just to name a few
    1 love for your pet
    2 love for your parents
    3 love for your family members
    4 love for the opposite gender which is a sexual desire type love and it should be
    5 love for a friend

• If you are religious: It is a sin against God.
    If you are atheist: It is not serving the species or the state. Economically it is just useless.

It is a deeply selfish act of two people, to gain pleasure, nothing more nothing less.

If it were the norm, humanity would not have two genders, but would be hermaphrodite.

It is just a giant wast of time, if you ask me.

• It's not for me, but I'm all in favour of gay folk having the right.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm all for it. Love is so hard to find so when you do celebrate it. Who cares what gender the people are

• I believe that homosexuality is no more sinful than premarital sex. In any case, I don't see a problem with it. It doesn't affect me and it's not hurting anyone. I don't necessarily support it, but I definitely don't oppose it.

• They should have the same rights as hetero people.

• Let the people do as they wish.
    Amor vincit omnia.

• Why not? I don't see how that hurts anyone, really, and gays are still 5% of the population or less, it's not like the moment we legalize gay marriage mankind is gonna go extinct.

• I'm pro gay marriage and pro gay rights

• I'm in favor of gay marriage. I see no reason why gay people shouldn't be able to get married.

• I disagree with it

• As long as two people love each other and want to spend their lives together, I don't care what their sex is.

• I have no problems with it.

• I feel about it the exact same way I feel about hetero marriage.

And I agree with you about love.

• EW NO THANKS

• I am for gay rights and gay marriage.
    They should be given the same rights straight people are given, plain and simple.