Girls do you need an expensive wedding ring and wedding?

I'm turning 21 tomorrow and I'm still single, but I'm curious. I've got money but I'm very far from rich, I don't see any reason to have a large wedding ever because I'd never be able to afford one, I don't have any friends or family so I imagine it'd be an awkwardly small wedding in any case, of course my future wife could invite anybody she wants. Anyways. I could afford a small wedding and a ring around $1500 maybe, that's probably not very much but I want to know what girls expectations are.

Girls do you need an expensive wedding ring and wedding? Why and why not? Girls what are your expectations for the cost of the ring, do you have to have a very expensive ring $9000s+?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want a really cheap one (like less than $100) but it doesn't need to be 11K for it to be good. It'd be nice to have a somewhat expensive one though, just to show off to friends and family :P

Love and money aren't correlated but I think if you can afford a nice ring, you should get one.

What Girls Said 19

• Nope, I don't need or want an expensive wedding at all, or expensive rings. If everything goes well, the total cost of my wedding will be $5,000 or under. We're getting a lot of free stuff too, like the music. I don't understand the reasons behind spending more than $10,000 on a glorified party. The marriage is way more important than the rings or the wedding, honestly.

You don't even need a ring to be engaged or married.

• I don't really wear jewellery so I don't really need anything expensive, it can be a cheap ring I don't mind :) It would mean a lot no matter how much it cost, it's the meaning behind it that's important. If all he could afford was a $20 ring I'd be more than pleased with it :)

• If I love you, I don't care. Nothing can buy real love. If you've gotten that far, then buy me what you want.

• Myself I could care less if we even had a wedding ceremony. Honestly what it is is just a show of 2 people joining together (either before or after) going down to the court house and signing a piece of paper to prove that they are now one unit. I honestly like the idea that my boyfriend's family has of him giving his (if I'm not mistaken) great-grandmother's ring to the girl that he intends to marry. No need to spend money on a ring if you've got one with meaning like that.

• I don't need an expensive ring, My hands are deformed so wearing a ring on my ring finger is impossible, But I'd wear one on a chain, I like simplicity the best. $500 seems too pricey to me, for a ring.

I want a nice wedding, but It doesn't need to be huge...but weddings do get expensive, I'm trying to help one of my best friends plan their wedding, and dang!

• A ring should be 3 months salary before taxes so if you're young and not making a lot of money it won't be very much. If a girl gives you shit for any ring (read: unless it's fake) then she's a bitch.

• I definitely want a very nice wedding and a very nice ring. Money doesn't matter to me as long as I get what I want. So really I am willing to pay as much or as little as long as it's perfect. I don't have any expectations on how much anything will cost. Like I said, I will go by what I like. The cost is irrelevant to me

• I think I would just want the ring to be pretty…..which doesn't mean it has to be expensive. I also rather spend money on a ring which I would wear for the rest of my life instead of a dress I would only wear once.

But at the end of the day I would hopefully love the man so much that it wouldn't actually matter!

• I'd prefer a ring that's small, sweet, and means a lot. If I ever get married I'd want a really small one. Close family & friends only, less than 20 people. I'd probably want to spend the most on the honey moon. I'm just one to think that love should just be between two people and material things shouldn't matter.

• Well when I did get married it was very inexpensive, but the ring was like 3500 and I was happy with that

• I dont believe in spending huge amt of money on customary wedding. I rather have honeymoon wedding after all marriage is between two persons and I never understand the need to invite so many people many whom we may not even know. Wedding ring doesn't need to be expensive, a simple and low price one is good enough. I am more keen in the man I wld be living with for the rest of my life, material thing like the above is not important.

• No. I just want it to be something we'd both enjoy and remember. Great people, food and music is all I need. I'd definitely love to get married in my home country, Thailand, and maybe his hometown. Nothing pretentious or extravagant.

• I could care less how much he spends on the ring or how much the wedding is. I don't need to throw around money that we probably wouldn't have just for one day. I wouldn't be marrying for the ring and money I would be marrying for love

• Personally I'd rather have a small wedding with people closest to me. But I already have a wedding dress in mind even though I don't even have a boyfriend. And the wedding dress does look expensive but I wouldn't want to spend too much XD. I like the idea of a smaller wedding because it makes me feel like it's about the future married couple rather than the beauty of having a big wedding and etc

• I will like to have a small wedding, yet elegant. I don't have a big family. So...

• No i had a very simple wedding.Our wedding rings cost around $20. We just had a simple ceremony at the City Hall then a small get together lunch with family and friends.It was my dream wedding. <3 <3 <3

• NO...
    if you equate wedding + wedding ring = love, then, love=priceless... then you wouldn't worry or think about being the cheapest or the most expensive price of wedding or ring..

if you see or view wedding+wedding ring = material, then, material= price / expensive... All in your mind will probably is more focus on money and being elegant... and I hope the real value or meaning of love will still be there...

I know its impossible nowadays to get wedding and wedding ring without a price but even it's the cheapest ring or wedding as long as the value or meaning of love is greater or more valued, then it would be great..

• I've never been in love so I didn't know.

• I wish the birthday fairy will let you feel the feeling of being inlove haha Wow! you're tall for 21... I'm only 5'3 for 23...lol you must be nice person because I usually find shy guys are nice :) So you are handsome and shy.. Maybe you have high standards too that's why you never had a girlfriend before :D

• No I don't have high standards, I've had plenty of opportunities to get a girlfriend girls have flirted with me at like stores, restaurants, camp, but I was always too shy to respond, but I did meet a girl in person from a dating site it went well but I guess I had high standards then lol, I've lowered my standards since then and I mustered up the courage to ask out a girl that I felt very comfortable around, first date went great but never saw her again after that she moved to another state (she wanted to go live with her dad). I'm not that shy anymore I can talk to a girl because I've learned from past mistakes, I just haven't had anywhere to go to meet them until now I can go to bar and talk to them anytime I want lol. But I'm certainly late to the game I'm still very inexperienced with girls and still a virgin.

• I wouldn't care. It could be $200 and I'd be happy. It's about what it symbolises not it's material worth.

What Guys Said 1

• girl on here had a ring bought for her that costs 11000. the guys extremely rich. i think its pointless, but well, she thinks its ok, apparently