Do you agree with Bachelor/Bachelorette parties?

I can understand a bride or groom to be getting together with friends and having a few drinks and having a laugh and a nice time before their wedding. I just had to really laugh at my friend's gf last week.
She told us that she wants a stripper at her bachelorette party and she even hired one for her friend's party and she went into detail about all he took off and what he did. I am in no way a conservative hardliner who tries to control people, but I had to question the whole point of it all.
I think that if you're a guy or a girl and you're hiring someone to get naked at your party and you're going to go around acting like a slut or a manwhore for 'one last night'... then why even bother getting married? I know I could not go through with a wedding if I found out my bride to be was going around getting lapdances off a stripper and having ridiculous sexually themed parties... am I the only one that feels sort of sickened by this? The whole point of marriage is settling down and spending your life committed and faithful to one person. I think that having something like that before your wedding just goes against everything that you're supposedly vowing for, for the rest of your life. I am not religious at all and I am a very liberal person generally, but the thoughts of that just turns my stomach.

I'm glad to know there are others like me out there with the same views on marriage. I know when I get married I will not be having any such party and the girl I'm going to marry (I know already who she is) won't be either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you to me i dont see why get married I wouldn't want one the only person I want in that way is the guy im dating or going to marry. To me I wouldn't wanna be with the guy if that what he wants. I get guys watch p*rn and all but then I guess then we should do that together I dont see the point but I can't control what the person wants to do. Ut their actions but what ever their actions are doesn't mean I have to put up with it I can just find someone else tha share the same or can meet middle ground with.

What Girls Said 8

• Bachelor/Bachelorette parties are for people who view marriage as an entrapment.
    There's no reason why you should be hyped about seeing another guy/gal naked.
    "It will be my last time seeing another man/woman naked" some usually say.
    So, why should that be a bad thing?

Not everyone finds love.
    You should be happy about spending the rest of your life with the person you chose.

I also think those parties are another way to open the doors of cheating.

• Usually it's the friends idea because who their friend is marrying is the last vagina/penis they will ever seen and that makes them sad. Overall though it is usually a very awkward joke that results in everyone being a little uncomfortable at best.

• I completely agree with you...I'm not religious either and am not conservative by any means...If I really loved the guy I wouldn't want to see someone else stripping or anything like that...I'm hopefully going to get married this year and there is no way I'd ever have a stripper at a bachelorette party...

Both my BF and I enjoy each other's company more than anyone else's so I don't see either of us having any sort of party like that...we'd rather be together...

• I'm all for the party, and allllll against the stripper. I sure as fuck would not want some man grinding all over me, and I'd be pissed if my dude went to a strip club. Just trashy.

• I went out for a nice dinner with a few friends. They wanted to go to a strip club and I wanted to go home... I just don't see why it had to be like that.
    No idea what my ex husband ended up doing but I'm sure there were strippers.

• Every time I've seem these things it's been more of a spoof than people actually getting into it...

• I'm with you. When I get married, my guy can't have a bachelor party and I won't have a bachelorette party. We can maybe do a mixed party, but, seriously? A last day of freedom? Your bachelor-hood ended when we got engaged. Hell, when we started dating! If you're gonna happily marry me, why do you want drinking and a stripper the night before? I'm against them.

• Couldn't agree more.
    My ex was at a bachelor party where the stripper performed at their house. She gave a BJ to the bachelor (um...cheating) along with other guys at the party. I don't think it should be an event to try to hook up!
    My husband went to dinner and a baseball game...guy time. I think having a weekend with your friends is acceptable, not trying to hook up one last time.

What Guys Said 1