What's a bigger deal: a MAN or a WOMAN getting offered marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a bigger deal when a woman is proposed to. Men are almost guaranteed a yes answer when they ask somebody to marry them since the girl dating them would probably not date unless she wanted a commitment from the men but woman who want marriage are more likely to encounter men who don't.

What Girls Said 4

• In terms of marriage proposals? I think it's a bigger deal for a woman to be offered marriage from the man, since men usually take longer to come around to the idea of marriage than women do. This is one of the reasons why I think proposals are best left up to the man.

• It's definitely both a big deal. It shouldn't matter because society has basically brainwashed us into thinking that the man of the relationship always has to propose. But it's logical considering most of the time, men have the most commitment issues. But either way it shouldn't matter. Both are a big deal.

• I think it's both a big deal, but it means more to a woman.
    I like to think when a man proposes, it takes a lot of guts to propose something big knowing he can be rejected. I mean, it's very romantic, at least for me, knowing he sees himself spending his life with me, and kids, and such.

• A women since there are more females then makes now

What Guys Said 3

• Women dream of their big wedding. Women dream of being married and kids etc...
    while men want that I don't think many guys spend any large amount of time dreaming about it. we just like the idea of it and know we want it. So it is bigger for the woman.
    I am fine as long as I have the woman I want. married or not married. but married is better for tax reasons and protection of assets.

• man getting offered. cause it just ain't the norm! lolz

• In my opinion I feel like a man asking a women to get married is a bigger deal. I feel like its a stepping stone to manhood asking the love of your life for their hand, to show emotion when men usually are distant from their emotions. To buy a specific ring for her, to pick the spot, to say what you truly feel, and to get on one knee and ask.

A women asking a man in marriage weirds me out in a way but that is my opinion about that matter.