If you had to choose would you marry for passion or for friendship?

If you love someone but somehow you notice that you are more connected sexually or maybe you are more like best friends. Which would you choose...

• Love and passion?
  • Love and being best friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• Love and being best friends, that original passion will eventually fade, but it's unlikely the friendship will :)

• I think so too and for a marriage a friendship will carry it through difficult times.

• Exactly and even when you are old and not really into the sex as much you'll still enjoy being with that person ^_^

• Thanks for most helpful :)

What Guys Said 5

• I would say passion because passion can trigger amazing sex and where people share passion they bond with friendship so its like a win-win-win.

• But you wouldn't be bored with your partner if your personalities are not as compatible as friends?

• that's the thing I don't think it would ever turn out like that if we shared passion strongly together.

• I would marry for friendship, I'd be satisfied we were like best friends in a marriage, I don't have to have sex to be happy all I need is a girl to be with and I won't feel lonely anymore I think that alone is worth marrying for.

• A part of me agrees with you because you only make love for a short time and you spend a lot of time with your spouse so you need a friend connection.

• I would marry for friendship. Passion is important but friendship is essential to sustain the relationship.

• Of course passion.

• Passion trumps friends for me, I can only be so deep a friend with a girl, I'm in to very manly pursuits and hobbies and am your classical strong and silent man

What Girls Said 3

• Usually I would have said passion, but I had a relationship like that and the best part of it was in the bedroom. It seriously lacked everywhere else. It didn't work out. You need to be friends with your spouse in order for it to work.

• FRIENDSHIP. Choose friendship, because it's what will keep the relationship together. When you are crazy old and there is less passion, you really need that.

• Love and passion turns into friendship.

• Not necessarily. My ex and I had love and passion. We split after 13 years. There wasn't much of a friendship.

• Well, I've been with someone who was more of a friend and that sizzled after 11. Guess we can't win.