Getting married at 19, too early?

So i'll be getting married soon in few months... whats ur opinion, is it too early? would u get married at this age?

• Too damn early
  • Its never too early
  • Results please
Obviously too early to be cuffed lol. thanks guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I think it's silly. People change so much well into their 20's. The person you are at 19 won't necessarily be the person you'll be at 25. You mature and your outlook change. I think it's risky and to tie yourself down too early can be a big mistake from what I've seen.

What Girls Said 16

• I personally wouldn't do it, but my parents and grandparents did and made it work. As long as you hold your commitment…then again, it's your life and doesn't directly effect me so whatever you wanna do lol

• I don't what to say. You are already getting married. I don't want to be pessimistic but it is early you know. Do you know yourself? Do you know what to expect from life?

It takes years and years to find those answers.
    I still wish for you the best.

• Some people get married at that age and stay married forever, most don't. I just don't see what the rush into marriage is for, when you're at a good age to be in a long term relationship instead. Why the paperwork? Is it a religious thing, or just a romantic thing?

• Its kinda religious/cultural thing for her..

• Well then there's probably not much to go around that. It is too young for my tastes, but it doesn't mean it won't work. Good luck

• I personally never would've gotten married at that age. Hell, I still feel too young. Marriage is for life (if you do it right). My tastes have changed so much just in the 5 years since I was 19. If I'd gotten married then, I'd definitely be divorced now.

• Even if u love the guy?

• Yes. I was in love at 19, and today I can't even imagine being with that guy. Only took a few years to grow apart completely. Also at 19, it's hard to know what "real love" is. You only know based on the little life experience you've had. It may even be your first real gf/bf. I just feel marriage is too big of a commitment to rush into so young before you really know yourself.

• I think it is too early... my mom got married at 19... she lost herself... completely. My dad molded her pretty well because she was so young. I think people really change a lot in their twenties. I am 30 now... still not married... and feel like a completely different person from 20-25 and from 25-30... if I got married then I would have been stuck and miserable like my mom. It's a different time... however... my grandparents were both married in the U. S. at 18 and are still together... they fought a lot though

• Thats probably because they got married in the 50's/60's where life was much simpler than now.. but now people making life harder on us everyday

• It seemed like life was so much easier back them... in some regard... my grandparents didn't even finish high school and they did great for themselves... I've been in college forever and need a masters degree just to get a decent job. My grandma even told me that she feels sorry for me for having to come of age in this time period... I guess there are some good things though too

• Too early sorry but wait till your 21 then you can get drunk and party and stuff. Im under 18 and being young is going by fast right now there's no time to be commited

• If you've already committed you should go through with it. What's with all the doubt now?
    That's already childish. Maybe you shouldn't be doing anything very serious or important... maybe you can't handle it.

• If you are ready it is never too early. And yes I would get married at 19 :)

• Its too early

But good luck with her :)

• It's a little early but if I found someone then I wouldn't mind getting married. Though I still think at 19 I can be a little immature. Childish etc

• It's too early. What's the rush?

• I don't think it's too early if you and your future wife know each other well.

But I tend to feel like I couldn't marry someone being that young. I feel too young and unexperienced for such a long term commitment.

• Yeah its pretty early

• Personally, yes I do think it's too early because you haven't even finshed your major. You need to finish college first and then think about getting married.

• I think so, yes.
    Barely an adult seems too early to already be establishing a family.
    You're not finished with school, usually, you don't have a career going, usually...
    I think it's smarter when people wait until they're finished with all of that.

• I think its early for a guy but not for a girl ,,

• Why is that?

• Hmm , i think a guy must be a man , im not saying 19 years old guys are not men ,,, but by men i think its good to be 25 and above, ,. Women are always women , i think its deferent , im sorry im reaaaaally bad at explaining , My English is not that good

• i agree

What Guys Said 7

• I won't say whether it is or is not to early because you're at an age where you've just been given control of your future and you have every right to decide in which direction you will go.

What I will say...

People change and grow at every age, but at your age, your about to change drastically. Five years down the road nether person will be recognizable to their past self.

You'll ether grow together, which is going against the odds given the chaotic lifestyle of someone your age, or you'll grow together, which is something far more common in individuals whose personalities have fully matured.

If I'd had been married at 19, I'd been been divorced no later then 22.

• It depends on the two involved. I know some people who were married at 17-19 and now they have been married for 20-50 years and just as in love the day they were married, if not more. However, this is rare and I would say 99 times out of 100 it will not work, especially now days. 50 years ago, people were far more mature emotionally and far less selfish than they are now at that age.

• Its a very young age, and feelings when we are young are very susceptible to change. So while I wouldn't necessarily say it is too early, I would say it is something that has to be thought over VERY carefully.

• My brother got a baby before he was 18, ON PURPOSE. Never stick your dick in crazy and early marriages. If your parents support you guys then go ahead, you should also take more time to see if you actually want to marry this person, go on a trip with them or something for 2 weeks or a month and then ask yourself again if you want to marry them.

• I think what makes me kinda convinced is that she's really hot.. but not so sure what gonna happen when we live together

• Well try living with each other first at least.

• We cant.. her parents won't let her lol

• I wouldn't:p but if the times were like50 years ago then I totally would. its just too hard to earn a good living and support a family at the same time at 19 in SoCal hahaha

• Thats why we left cali in the first place.. expensive as hell

• Its not necessarily early. It is uncommon. Especially in Western world countries.

• It's too early almost regardless of circumstances. People change a ton in their 20s.