Male GAGers, what is the ideal age for a guy to start a family? Ladies, what age is ideal to start having kids?

What is an age that you feel like it would be a good time to settle down and start a family?

So me being in my mid 20s and my bf in his late 30s would be a good age for both of us? And married of course.

Most Helpful Guy

• i like this question.
    actually i was waiting for someone to ask this.

Well a man is ready to marry at 12 or 13 years and a women is ready to have a baby at 11 or 12 years of age, our society development in culture and focus thinking about freedom and society rules suggest a man can marry when he can afford to take care of a family size he desires and a women can have a baby when she is ready to go through child birth and take care and rare them at least till they can take care of themselves.
    its purely an individual thought. I advice below 28 for both gender, after 28 your aging process starts to speed up,

What Guys Said 16

• Probably around the age I am now.

img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...one-face-only-l.png

• For a guy I think around late 20s i. e. 27-29 types is appropriate cause by that time he'd probably have a stable job or settled business, mature enough (hopefully) to take on responsibility of a wife and child. Marriage around that age and kid by 30ish is good so that he has the strength and stamina left to run around the kid i. e. play too :)

Late 30s guy and mid 20s girl - get going fast :) ;) with best wishes :) :)

• You young lady, since you aren't even 25 yet, you can hold on to the baby part of it for a cpl of years for sure :) while he keeps his health up i. e. exercise, good diet etc he'll be a stud for a long time to come - ask me I know :D I'm almost mid 40s now ;)

• I would say for a girl it would be 25ish and for a guy, 25-30. there's a few people on here that said they don't want to have kids. I say for some of them, thank God they are not going to be spreading their genes.

• That really depends on your goals and how many kids you want.
    I think 25-30 is the best age. You still have energy to get you through the young ages where you get no sleep at all.
    but if you want a career or you want to be financially stable or better able to give them things then I would say 35-40.
    Personally I want them graduated and out of the house before I get too old.

• The ideal time for a guy to start a family? Mid to late 20's. He has something of a career finally, then he gets some cute 19, 21 year old girl who isn't burned from tons of breakups or toting around other guy's kids, haha.

Ideal time for a woman to get married, have kids? About 20, 21. Most women are in their utter prime about then, and will have the easiest time getting a guy to marry her. But alas, most would rather "focus on their careers" and "explore their sexuality" lmao. They'll have fun when they're 28, 30, trying to date.

Ironically, I read that a Pew Poll or whatever indicated an interesting change... the amount of women who say marriage is one of the most important goals in their life has gone up, while the amount of men who say the same thing is down, which less men then women placing importance on marriage.

• I plan on having kids when I'm about 27ish.

• I'd say late 20's give or take. I'm 32 and ready myself, just have yet to find the right girl :(

• I'd think that early 30's would be most ideal. So many people have kids way too young before they're actually ready for it (and really, before they have even given thought as to whether or not they REALLY want them).

• Maybe in my mid 30s.. I'm finally gonna get through college now at 26 so I want to get a bachelors degree then get work experience before even considering starting a family.

• i will neve have kids, i dont hate them, but if i were to have kids i would become my parents and they would become me when i was a kid. also i can't even have kids since i plan on being a virgin till death. yeah, thats a thing now

• 28-32 makes most sense in current society, albeit biologically it should be like 20.

• I'm planning on getting a vasectomy.

• When I'm 150.

• I want to establish myself before ie make money so they can have a good life

• Whenever i feels like it.
    Most likely mid 30s

• i'd say for a guy 30-35. All of my guy friends had kids in their early 20's. All of them struggled so much financially and with relationships. The main reason i say this age is because you'll likely have a college degree, discharged from military service, have a career or own business.

Hopefully he's dated enough to know how filter out women how really aren't marriage material or are ready for it yet... let alone a family.

What Girls Said 21

• For me, it's less about an age and more about a stage. = ) Life throws all sorts of random ups and downs at you which can alter the route you've planned. For example, I'll be 22 this summer and I still have not earned the degree I want and gained the internship experience I desire to set off my career. Although I planned on having kids by 25, these are things I absolutely must experience before I bring children into this world. Then there's the sperm candidate and the fact that he must have his sh*t together before we procreate together. There's no way to tell what path his life is on because I haven't even met him yet.

So ya see, it all depends. Hopefully I'll start before I'm 32

• wanna get married by the age of 24-25.. kids maybe around 26-27

• Late 20's to early 30's.

• My mom had me at 35, I'm only 22 so it's not even in my line of sight right now. Late twenties the absolute youngest, late thirties the oldest.

• I'm hoping to start my family at about 27 or 28. I want to be married for a couple of years first.

• When I find the right guy to have kids with and have financial stability, whatever age I happen to be at when this happens is my ideal age.

• I would say around 25

• I don't know if I want kids.
    But if I were to choose an age, probably somewhere in your 30's.

• I wanna have kids by the time im like 25 :)

• My ex and I had our kids at age 26. I thought it was a good age to have them.

• Around 30 I assume.

• Around 30, not before

• The ideal age for myself is mid to late 20's.

• It really depends but I think I want to be married around 22-25 and having kids before 30.
    All I know is that I want to be married for at least three or four years before having kids

• 27 and up.

• Around 26 I would like to have my first kid :O

• After college so probably around the late 20's

• Around 30 i think its alright

• I personally would prefer to have kids a bit younger than my parents did. They were only 27 when I (the oldest) was born, but because of health complications I just know child birthing and rearing is going to be easier and better for me than having children later, say, in my 30s.

• I want to be 30 before I start a family. I'm not financially or emotionally ready for kids yet.

• In my opinion, generally speaking, late 20s-early 30s.
    Most people on the track to marriage and children are finished with school by then, many are married by then, careers are starting or established.
    I was given excellent advice by a great teacher and friend - Don't create another to care for until you can care for yourself.