Do you support gay marriage and gay people having children?

I support it I want to know you're opinion on this.

• Yes
  • No
Also the whole gays can't have kids thing ya we have an over propulsion problem so I doubt they are stopping people from having babies

Most Helpful Guy

• I support it 100%.
    I'm usually very open minded to people believing what they want... but if you're opposed to gay marriage, it's because you're an ignorant, hateful, asshole.

• In other words, if you're Andy... oh, I'll stop here. :)

• @jackkerouac77

• I miss the old days of GaG for sure.

What Girls Said 67

• I see a lot of people are using God as a reason why gay marriage is wrong, but I don't
    think that's right. I'm Catholic and I went to Catholic school, as did my parents, as did their parents.
    And, I can promise all this bible stuff and stuff that people say "God, wouldn't want". Was
    never taught to me in school or by my parents. I learned marriage was about love and wanting
    to spend your life with that person and that's why you get married, because you can't imagine
    living without them. The God I learned about, loves everybody no matter what. Judges no one.
    Accepts everyone. And, all he asks in return is that you treat others how you want to be treated.
    That you don't judge others. And, you live and let live. Also, that when you're lost and need guidence. You can pray to him and he will help you find your way. That's what I learned.

Now, with that in mind. I also learned that God created ALL people (no exceptions). I also know
    that people are born gay. So, I'm no Einstein. But, if God created all people and your born gay.
    That means, he created gay people to. So, why would he be against the people he created
    getting married and having a child? The God I learned about, wouldn't be against that. Also,
    the bible is a interurption of God's wishes. But, we don't actually no what he did or didn't want.
    So, it's not right for us to attach his name to things we don't even know he's against. I find that to
    be offensive. We can't use his name everytime we don't understand a person or there lifestyle.

So, yes I do support gay people getting married and having kids. They have the right, just like
    the rest of us. And, just remember. It could have went the other way where being straight was
    ab-normal and being gay or lesbian was normal. Which would mean, we couldn't get married or have kids. And, personally I wouldn't want people telling me I couldn't marry the man I love or have
    kids with him, just because they think it's "Immoral".

• So, if we wouldn't want to be denied that right. Why should we deny them to be with the one they love? We shouldn't. We also shouldn't deny them the right to have kids, because we wouldn't want to be denied that right either. And, I know God wouldn't want them to be denied either.

• I'm probably also going to be hated for giving my opinion, but I don't mind.

Marriage is biblical in origin, many may try to argue this point with me, but I have looked at it in theological college, where it is proven that that comment is true. Marriage is not simply about two people who love one another making a legal promise to one another...
    It is the union of a man, a woman, and GOD. Not two individuals, but three.
    So I am confused as to why many gay individuals want to enter marriage if it involves uniting with someone if the opposite gender, and with God. That just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying that all homosexuals are not Christian... but let's face it, the majority are not.

I don't have a problem with homosexuals. I know what the bible days about it, and I also know what the Bible tells me to do too: not judge another, and to love my neighbour.
    I will love, and treat a homosexual person exactly the same way as a heterosexual, they are no different... they are both my neighbours.

Homosexuals already have the right to have civil unions, which is infact a committed promise to one another, under the law. So I do not understand why this isn't good enough, and why they feel the need to change something of biblical origin and definition.

As for homosexuals having children... no I don't think that is right either. It is wrong to intentionally bring a child into the world without both a loving, responsible, devoted mother and father. NOTE: I mentioned loving, responsible and devoted... so it is also wrong to intentionally bring a child into the world with negligent, abusive, un-loving heterosexual parents also.

I'm sure my comment will attract a lot of "dislikes"... If it makes you feel any better, then Go ahead, it really doesn't bother me at all.

• I do think they should be ablde to get weather it be civil unions or biblical don't matter to me but all state have civil unions yet but that will come with time. If you want to Read my post and see why I disagree with you on gay couple having kids

• To come across these answers, you need to do your own EXTENSIVE personal research, which takes a lot of time. Your beliefs should not be based on the potentially bias findings posted in one online article written by some historian. You need to figure it out for yourself.

• So give me actual quotes or articles from actual historians. And no, they don't have only themselves as evidence. They have archeological evidence as well as historical documents and other sources. So you need outside sources to prove the validity of the bible.

As for the sources you gave, both are pages run by Christians trying to prove their view true, and neither are historians.

That's why I don't use evidence from only one historian. I always want multiple relatively unbiased sources. I don't consider evidence against religion from atheist sites valid either.

• It really pisses me off when people are so offended by this. Like I don't care go be gay go be a lesbian go get married NO BIG DEAL. It's not bothering anyone else... After all we live in the 21st century are we really going to sit here and get pissy because two females want to marry or two males!.. Marriage is about love and if two people love each other then why shouldn't they share the same rights as a male and a female. And if they want to have kids I'm all for it let them have a family. There's too many children out there that should have the right to a family too and it shouldn't be based upon the fact a couple is gay to be parents. There parents either way.. I just don't see why the us has such a hard time accepting the fact that it's not all black and white... I try not to comment on these types of topics because people annoy the shit out of me with their religious bullshit. sorry to anyone that is religious and that finds what I'm saying offensive but my opinion let love be love it's not hurting you.

• I don't care. It does not affect me. I don't see why other people who love each other should be prevented from marrying and adopting children (or having kids some other way) just because they are gay.

• I support people doing whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or take away the rights of others or demean anyone

• Which is the opposite of DOMA...

• The kid won't be confused once its explained to them.
      And kids get bullied for having one nostril bigger than the other. Its life.

• No thats stupid crap that no one cares about I'm talking about be torched day in and day out every time that kid walks out the front door to no end kid like that only wind up killing them self or worse other kids

• It's not about whether you have a penis or vagina, it's about how the parent, as an INDIVIDUAL parents, and all parents are different. There are four different parenting styles: authoritative, authoritarian, permissive and negligent. It doesn't matter who you are married to, we are all individuals and the way we bring up our children is all different. How ignorant would it be to stop a whole group of people from parenting when many of them didn't even do anything wrong, just being boxed in because you are married to a person with the same genitalia as yourself? Seems counter-intuitive to me.

• Yes, I do. Both of those things.
    The fact that so many children are not taken care of, and the fact that letting gay couples adopt is not very common is a disgrace.

• More often than not gay couples want a child of their own through IVF - i. e raising a child of their own.

• Who am I to tell another person how to live their life? As long as a girl doesn't ask me out, we're good.

• "As long as a girl doesn't ask me out, we're good." Not sure why but this statement makes me think of guys that say "it's ok if they are gay but if they hit on me I will knock them the eff out".

• "As long as a girl doesn't ask me out, we're good." That's a silly thing to say as you could say the same thing about any guy you aren't interested in dating. "As long as one of those idiots don't ask me out, we are all good." Consider that :) Because we only ever want our crush to ask us out XD

• Well, it's all good either way, you'll just reject them :p

• YES! I do. I even have gay friends. I have gay celebrities that I like. One of my closest friends is gay. Love is love, no matter the gender. Sure, have your beliefs, but at least respect their decisions. I believe in God, I pray , but I really don't care if people say I'm going to hell for even saying I have no problem against gay marriage. You have different taste people may not like, either music, food, religion stuff like that. It's the same thing. Respect it. I find it so stupid that there are so many narrow-minded people who try to contradict us. Fine don't like it, at least ignore it.
    And I also don't find a problem in gay people having children. Please, the things some of them go through make them strong and really caring, they would make amazing parents. And there are different gender couples who suck at being parents. WORST EVER> and I even have examples around me. Just because the parents are the same gender, doesn't mean the child will also have a different sexual orientation or be thought that women are bad or men are bad. Gay people don't hate the other gender, they're just not attracted to it. (well some may do, but not all) .

BUT the problem is that the child may be bullied for having same gender parents, because let's face it... people are mean... We're no far from animals when it comes to this... So it's kind of complicated. You should check Wentworth Miller's speech on getting out of the closet. Genius.

So maybe the Bible says something, maybe it doesn't. Wrong or right, love is love. Don't agree, at least ignore them and respect their decision.
    That's it. I don't like these questions because they create so much controversy.

• Absolutely, yes.

• Read my post and see first hand why I disagree with you on gay couple having kids

• This is why you shouldn't be a mod... cough.

• This is why I don't want to be one. *caugh* ;)
      I just can't take any shit from people when it comes to equal rights / discrimination. And I'm glad I am that way.

• Yes I support both completely. It won't "turn kids gay" (I hear that a lot). Not all straight parents have straight kids, not all gay parents have gay kids. Gay parents can be excellent parents, there's plenty of evidence to support that.
    www.livescience.com/...advantages-gay-parents.html

• I don't saport them having kids cause it's not far to the child to be but through all that toucher

• I wish it worked that way but it doesn't and probably never will either

• " it doesn't and probably never will either" Slavery is not abolished? Women still cannot vote? The world is still flat?

• Yes I do. Why shouldn't they have kids? As if heterosexual couple have done a fantastic job at raising kids!

• After your insane postings with all the bad grammar it is unlikely that this user will bother responding or even reading your drivel.

• My mum did just fine thank you very much and she's hetrosexual. Don't have to box everyone in a group to make a point :/ Not all hetrosexual and gay couples are the same, some do better at raising children then others.

• It's called human rights isn't it? I mean last i checked we are all human and we are no different so what's the big deal? I don't see why they can't have the same rights as us. Honestly it seems like some people think that being gay is a new thing when it has been around since practically forever. I studied ancient greece and rome and in all the myths and stories homosexual relationships or flings were normal. I don't see why we have gone from not being bothered about it to having massive protests about it, i mean imagine if you had to protest to get the rights to marry the person you love. We are over populated, and there is no way we would become under populated so there is no issue with that especially with the way technology is developing, i mean we are probably a few years away from being able to click a button and be impregnated.

Love is love, no matter what.

• Yes and yes. Who fucking cares if they get married? It doesn't bother your life if some gay couple gets married. There are nothing wrong if both of them are adults who love each other. Why do other people have to care what others do if it doesn't hurt anyone. Only homosexuals spreading aids is a myth. Homosexuals being child molesters is myth and its just ridiculous how far some people can go when they are trying to stop 2 adults getting married.

And the adoption, there are fucking orphains everywhere looking for loving home and instead of giving them to a loving couple should they rotten in orphanage? Child needing both maternal and paternal role is bullshit. I know one young man raused by 2 women and he is intelligent, kind, polite and dating a girl. So he didn't turn into a homosexual. Im also raised by single mother and I'm good without any fucking paternal role.

• Yep, because they are just people and should not have to live their lives differently than other people just because they are gay. Everyone should be able to marry whoever they want and have children.

• There are so many things in the world (and in our country) to have an issue with. We shouldn't be making a big deal about who someone wants to marry. Why shouldn't they be happy. As for them having children, why not? Millions of children need homes and as long as the children grow up in a healthy environments everything is good.

• I'm going to get hate for this, but oh well. I think gay people shouldn't have kids. Kids raised by gay parents grow up confused and they have psychological issues later on in life. A child needs a mother and a father in order to develop right. When it comes to gay marriage I'm not sure and really have no opinion on that.

• I completely agree only for different reasons she why on my post

• Nothing of that is proven.
      As if there weren't zillions of kids raised by hetero parents growing up confused and having psychological issues later on in life.

• Stop following me

• Definitely. Its refreshing to have committed partners raise a child that they fought for, rather than accidental pregnancies by people who don't have the maturity or responsibility necessary to raise kids.

• I kinda agree with you on the gay couple s having kids over kids having kids but I don't saport them having kids cause it's not far to the child either

• See firsthand on my post

• Man shut up and leave people alone. She doesn't care wtf you wrote. If you appear like a total illiterate jackrabbit then she will not bother. You are like a little kid..."look what I did look what I did look what I did!" gtfo weirdo.

• I support both completely. I honestly hate controversial questions like this. They ruffle so many feathers. I respect everyone's opinions on it as long as it's logical. I also don't think religion is a fair back up. Not everyone is the same religion. No one has to follow your rules. They aren't homosexual to spite you. A child shouldn't be denied a home because the parents are gay. It's childish. I used to be against it. I was a younger and just viewed it as wrong. I have completely changed and would honestly get in a fist fight with dear friend over it. I can see why some people don't support it, however, no one is forcing you to be support it. When someone tries to stick it up your ass, yeah maybe you could be a little fussy. Otherwise, it's not your business. Yes, I do believe everyone should have both a father and mother figure. Some many children today don't, but at least they would have two. It's better than having none at all.

• Yes and yes.

• I don't saport them having kids cause it's not far to the child

• Give them a little credit, I think there's at least 5 of them.

• They are quite busy at meddling with other's lives. Imagine if they just lived and let live?

• 100% support both

• Yes. I lose respect for people who say no to either of these questions. Who are you to dictate whether or not two consenting adults who are in love with each other have the right to be able to spends the rest of their lives together? Who are you to say they can't introduce their partner as their husband? Who are you to say that they can't be parents - and the best damn ones around? Screw a male and female figure. Single parents are everywhere. It's not the sex of your parents but how they decide to raise you. Equality for all.

• People hate what they cannot understand or hate when they cannot identify. Usually it is the less intelligent crowd that embraces hate.

• Great last comment naturally.

• *slow clap* A+ comments, naturallywonderful :D

• Yes it's their life let them live it how they want to.

Why do they not deserve to fall in love or have a baby just because they're the same sex?

• Yeah I support it but I don't support stupid people having kids and neglecting & abusing them. If idiots like this this can have kids and get married why can't gay people who are NORMAL do this as well? It's kind of ignorant to say no, even though my beliefs as a Catholic says its wrong, has me all twisted like its also wrong to judge soooooo... ahhh I say go ahead and do it. :)

• Thanks for being honest and apresheative

• Agree with this point of view.

• I support both 100%

• its their lives... i don't mind

• Yes a lot of children need to be care for, not to be put in homes of different foster parents now and then

• Yes I believe they should... and for that guy that claims it's "confusing" I know people with gay parents who are just fine, and are straight... Straight parents can have gay kids, and gay parents can have straight kids... Also, do you think it's wrong for single parents to have kids, when there is no father/mother figure in their lives?

• Absolutely! Love isn't something we can control and anyone can do whatever they want with their lives. I don't get why so many people are upset about gay marriage, I mean, how does two men's love affect a bunch of strangers' lives? Why do they care if according to their beliefs that's a sin? Just let them sin then, it's got nothing to do with you. And anyway, judging and hating others is something the Bible tells you not to do, if I'm correct. If God didn't want gay people to exist, then he would get rid of them with his endless powers but he created them and he loves all humans, doesn't he?

• If that's how they want to live there life I could really care less. We shouldn't control love, marriages, etc. Everyone is entitled to feel the way they do, it's not right.

• More from Girls
    37

What Guys Said 72

• 1. I have gay friends who have got their kids through surrogacy (mostly from Thailand) and I guess it's ok :)
    2. Nature intends procreation which is why lust, sex etc
    3. If nature didn't intend procreation this way, it would never have allowed it to happen (something similar to drafting one plant onto another etc)
    4. The only thing however, the kid may miss one parent of the other gender (similar but not as bad as divorced parents)
    5. Marriage on the other hand is a social institution with religion supporting to strengthen it
    6. If 2 or more people are committed to one another completely, the institution of marriage is only one for celebration
    7. If people aren't committed to one another then we have divorces as proof :)
    8. Marriage was created for social / ethical reasons to support the responsibility of family & children, to keep unity & togetherness alive
    9. If for that reason people of the same gender want to get married, I think it's justified :)

• You would have to be a real Piece of shit scumbag not to support it 100%.
    what people do is their own business.
    This is not the 1950's... it is not like anyone can say "it is their decision to be that way" and frankly even if it was I wouldn't care..

• How do you respect an answer like dirtydawg? it is from someone that thinks because someone is gay they are a pedophile.. that is illiterate and disgusting.
      anyone that is against it is usually uneducated racists or religious fanatics.
      I dont' respect either. they are pathetic people

• Agreed man

• Yeah, I support all of it. My buddy from college and his partner got a surrogate and they now have twins, and they're PHENOMENAL parents. Also my aunt is... well, we never really discussed how she identifies... but long story short, she married a man back in the 60s, had my two cousins, her husband died, and then she was in a relationship with a woman until that woman died two years ago. Her partner stepped into a parent role, all this when the kids were about 11 and 14. My cousins are very successful and well-adjusted people, now in their 40s. For what its worth to the crowd that fears "gay recruitment", both of them are in straight marriages.

Anybody can succeed or suck at parenting, gay, straight, whatever.

• Gay marriage? Since marriage is a religious covenant it should be completely up to the religion who are marrying you, not the government

Gays having kids? It's already legal in my country. I don't necessarily agree with gays having kids, but then again I don't agree with teens having kids, or drug addicts, or alcoholics, you get the idea. The fact is that whether homosexuality is good for the child or not is still up for debate. Psychologists, sociologists and scientists are weighing up the pros and cons of homosexual parenthood. I'm down with whatever is best for the kids being raised, because I care about the society I will live in and my future children will live in. Therefore I'm not really going to look at one study that supports it and be like "yeah its totally a great thing and isn't harmful at all". I don't really know, so I'm skeptic. I guess gay people could maybe live up to the ideals of parenthood, if they did then I'd be fine with it

• I don't think all gay couple would make good or bad parents but its the endless saply of toucher that or kids would but them through

• Marriage pre dates recorded history

• Yes, as a covenant between older religion and the people getting married. For example, my ancestors will have been married under the watch of freyja and the gods. If you're being promised to someone by other means it's a civil partnership, not marriage

• Considering the way heterosexual people often fail in educating and loving their children , I don't think homosexual people can do worse.

The only reason that's given against gay marriage is a religious, biblical one. I don't think our laws should be inspired by religion and by a 15-25 centuries old book.
    Nobody, no law forces believers to marry people of the same gender.
    Those who can't accept that should move to Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia or Vatican city.

• that 15-25 century old book is beautiful and sacred and still applies well to modern society, its religion like Islam that does not, then again every one is rejecting god and following a materialistic god of money and shallow things, tradition is not a bad thing it reminds us of times when peoples intentions were more pure.

• The problem is that most people who call themselves 'Cristian' haven't read their buybull.
      http://i58.tinypic.com/2qi4ja0.jpg

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../ch4oe.png

• Yup, I support it 100%, and I look forward to the day when we stop having to even ask these questions. :-)

• I agree, so many judgmental pricks out there. People need to get a life, and especially those people who say, "My religion disagrees with it". Religion is a man made concept and views on sexuality in the past were very one dimensional and if this supportive God is against anyone who isn't heterosexual, then he is an arsehole.

• Sure do. They have the same rights as we do don't they?

Love this quote regarding it..."I have to explain what to do during a school shooting to my 7yr old, but by all means lets freak out about gay marriage".

• It's shit like this that starts those school shooting cause those kids would be put through and endless saply toucher and but the marriage think I'm all for

• And I don't support it or oppose it either. If love is what they seek and the only way to find it is by finding a same sex partner then so be it. I won't judge anymore. I used to think differently before but I understand these are people like you and I that desire love.

• No to gay marriage because Marriage is a vow towards God period hate him or love him. Believe or disbelieve but it is in his book where Marriage come from and we shall respect it. As American should people be free to do what they please yes of course. But the fact is that Marriage is God's gift to mankind and in that bible its has laws. Why can't they call it something else and make a vow to something else? As for the kids thing I really don't have a problem with it

• Marriage has been around since long before and form of monotheism

• Sure, go ahead and marry, i have no problem with it. On the whole having babies thing, I dunno.
    Maybe totally depends on how they get the kids, surrogate mother with one of the gay guys being the father, then yeah, I think that might work, because they will have a biological attachment to the kid.
    I am kinda uncertain about the whole adoption thing though, i'm not well informed on the subject and it's not something I truly want to put my energy and thoughts around.

• Sure, it's a better option than to be an orphan, or to be in an abusive familiar structure. So I voted yes.

• I'm not gay so whether or not gay marriage is legal or illegal it does not affect me in any way, but I do believe that if two people are in love then there should be nothing stopping them from marrying and obtaining all the legal rights and benefits that come along with it. And anybody should be allowed to have children as long as they are able to provide their child (ren) with love and care. I am of the personal belief that a child ideally should have both a paternal and maternal figure in their life. But its definitely doable, usually the kid (s) will have an aunt, uncle, grandparent, etc., or the parents can name an opposite sex friend a godparent.

• I do not support gay marriage. Heterosexual marriage and homosexual marriage will never be the same no matter what the government decides. I do not see anything wrong with them adopting children. However, I would probably disagree with what they were teaching them.

• Read my post and see why I disagree with you on gay couple having kids

• Wgat they were teaching them? Propably to love whoever they want and not to care about other judgmental people. My friend ( boy) was raised bu 2 women and he is straight, dating a girl and he is the most polite and kind young man I have met.

• As a Christian I know I'm not perfect. I know I make mistakes and try my best to better myself for the mistakes I've made. In my eyes Only God can determine morality and gay marriage in God's eyes is not morally right so I'm against it. When I do something wrong or I feel I've done wrong I don't embrace it, I try to alter what I'm doing and fix it. So I may disagree with gay marriage and that lifestyle, doesn't mean I don't like them. They are sinners just like me, but you can't expect me to embrace what the are doing and accepting of it, because even though I sin, I don't embrace it and tell everyone the sins I've committed and think its okay because of that reason.

• Do you respect the rights of others who don't follow your religion to live their lives as they choose though? I mean not everyone follows your belief system and that should be okay. Is that not the makings of a free society?

• Because of the constitution. Laws have been struck down because they were unconstitutional, even though the majority of people voted for them. Should the Supreme Court have allowed segregation and racism because the majority agreed with them? And I like how you quote Thomas Jefferson despite him being the one who coined the "separation of church and state" phrase in the first place.

• Segregation wasn't the majority. It was mainly southern towns, in lots of areas of the US people were against segregation. Racism still exist today, saying it doesn't, well you are one blind individual. This is not something the government can regulate, that would be up to the people. Republicans were against segregation by the way, not one republican was for it. Same with slavery. The more you know!

• I support it 100%

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CstD6O95L-o There we go that's a good video for those who want to take the time to watch it about gay rights and the so called "gay agenda"

• Hair color can change genetically.. I was born with blonde hair and it gradually turned dark brown that wasn't environmental effects.

• Have a link to the Wikipedia page on this. There you will find a list of ways that homosexual people are physiologically different from heterosexuals. en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Biology_and_sexual_orientation

• I personally prefer a child raised by a woman and a man but it can work.

• I believe that as long as no one gets hurt physically, psychologically, or financially in the process, people should be able to do anything they please. I doubt anyone is getting hurt in any of those aspects from gays marrying, so why not?

As for the children raising, I will have to say I object. Those kids are going to be bullied their entire lives because of their parents.
    Maybe someday allow gays to have children, after everyone grows up and discriminate against them as much as they do now. But for now, it would be a bad idea...

• Maybe instead of not letting a loving couple adopt a child because of the fear of bullier, something should be done to bullies.

• That's a very common idea, but the thing is, it doesn't work... Simply trying to punish kids or attempting to educate them isn't very effective. Bully's tend to despise authority figures and having someone breath down their necks about not bullying someone might make it worse. Now they're going to be more violent to try shutting up the victim. Besides, where would they have developed their bullying ways to begin with? Obviously it was influenced by their parents or their friends who are influenced by their parents. Since this is a common discrimination, dealing with the bullys directly won't work because their parents are endorsing it. The best way to prevent this kind of bullying is by removing the cause of the bullying. In this case, not allowing a gay couple to raise a child. Not until people have grown up and stop being descrimanatory.

• I have a biast opinion on gays, since my brother is gay and tons (Most) of his friends are gay as well. But they are really the same as anyone else. THey're people. They have jobs, they go out, & they do shit like everyone else. What have they done to not earn your support other than not follow your "Gods" rules. What they do, what anyone does in their bedroom (doesn't really have to be the bedroom I guess, haha) is absolutely none of your concern. And we are all going to be in the history books. I hope people look back and shake their heads in embarassment in reguards to how some of you people dont support two human beings getting married and having children.

PS: If you see this brotha, I love you!

• Gay marriage: yes.
    Gay people having kids: No. At least, not at this time. Gay-hating people are everywhere, and I kid with gay parents would have to endure a tremendous amount of bullying. I just don't think it's fair on the kid. When homosexuality becomes widely accepted, then yes, I think it's fine.

• and *A kid with gay parents

• @cipher It was to the torcher he received from other kids it had nothing to do with parenting at all that the point I'm making

• But why did he receive the torture? Was it ONLY because of his parents? I doubt it. Besides, if you lived 100 years ago, would you have argued that black and white people shouldn't have children together because those children would be bullied? Or that black people shouldn't have children at all because of segregation and discrimination?

• I support them getting married
    I support them adopting kids

• No problems with the first, a lot of apprehension for the second. Raising a child is something that involves an innocent 3rd party - the child. I don't really care what other people want to do with their lives, but when it affects another innocent person I have my concerns.

• There's actually tons of evidence showing that kids raised by homosexual parents are just as psychologically healthy and happy as kids raised by heterosexual parents, so that's really not an issue.

• If that's true then I have no objections then. For curiosity's sake I wonder why though. Could it be that homosexual parents are more socially aware of themselves and know how to handle criticism and ostracism, which in turn makes the kid grow up with a better EQ, so to speak?

• Probably something along those lines. Some studies have actually found that kids of same sex parents actually do tend to have higher self esteem and confidence, so that would make sense with all that.

• i voted no because of the children thing. i have no problem with gays or gay marriage, i have several gay friends and have even questioned my own sexuality at times. but as somebody who grew up in a broken home (only my mum taking care of me) with no older male siblings i was left rather disadvantaged in many aspects, i didn't know many of the things needed to know for preparing to be a man. and i never had somebody i could trust and relate to. if a gay couple is raising a child the same gender as themselves then it would probably be fine but boys need a good male role model just like girls need a strong woman to look up to.

• Yes I support gays in marriage as well as adoption. It's some of the other people procreating that concerns me.

• I think they're both okay. I used to not be as wild about them raising children, but I don't think there's any real evidence against it. As long as they care about the child, their sexes don't matter.

• sure why not? wait for gay divorce tho...

that kid'll be fine most of the flamboyant ones want girls anyway... and the non flamboyant gays want boys or girls mostly so the kid'll be fine.

• I don't support gay marriage or a gay couple raising children for religious reasons, but if I seen it in person it would not bother me.

• I beleive if you want to share your life with someone you love them no on should be able to stand in your way. Children is a different subject, I personally believe that a couple should make between 50-90 grand a year to raise children. Otherwise there raising the kids in poverty and without many privilages. I personally grew up very poor, I had nothing as a child I barely had food. I will never raise my children in that kind of environment.

• i dont support marriage at all

• It doesn't bother me at all.

• It bother me cause its not fare to the children

• No its not but living in orphanage and not being different and being made fron of and torched by other kids every single day that you walk out your front door is a million times better

• Kids will find a thousand reasons to bully each other.

• look i don't understand why gayness needs to be pushed onto everyone, i don't agree with the sexuality, but im not going to condemn them for what they are, im sure they're lovely people, but keep it in the privacy of your own homes please and i do believe that every child is entitled have a mother and a father in their lives, not 2 same sex parents.

• What do you mean being provate

• Best thing about ALL gay parents? Their baby is wanted.

• How is homosexuality pushed onto everyone? If anything, heterosexuality is. After all, there is a severe lack of homosexual representation in media, and a huge amount of heterosexual romances and other representation.

• More from Guys
    42