Would you ever have an arranged marriage set up by your parents?

I would probably be up for it because my mother always has good taste in guys, plus she knows what's best.

• No way!
  • Absolutely!
  • Sure, maybe
  • See results
  • Too late already married :)
Thank you for all your opinions. Sorry I did not really comment because almost all of your opinions are a no on arranged marriage :p

Most Helpful Girl

• No way !!! Why would someone else decission as to who'll be my life partner. And come on it's 21st century arranged marriage hardly do exist. Like in my country its sort of common but who gives a damn about who I'll marry. I'd rather find a good bf narry him settle down have kids and grow old together. No way is my parents gonna make decisions on the matter as to who I should marry.

What Guys Said 25

• I trusted my dad's judgement... It wasn't his way and we don't do that in the US culture, but I would have considered it if he had wanted to arrange something.

• Not a chance in hell. I'd feel like my mom was trying to get me laid or something like that, which is just ewww...

• Fuck No, because my parents were in an arranged marriage from back on the island and it's been nothing but hell growing up in that environment. I'd murk them both, two shots to the head, that's it.

• No way I'm not even sure I want a regular marriage. Hell I don't even like to spend a lot of time with people I know and like never mind something arranged.

• My parents can recommend a girl, that's ok I guess, but them forcing her on me is laughable, with milk squirting out of my nose, if a was drinking any at the time ;^) LOL!

• No but it's not part of my culture anyway. Arranged marriage have pros and cons, but personally I would never.

• Its most likely a no, but if they were able to come up with a really nice girl then maybe. It depends.

• No, thats something I need to do on my own.

• Oh hell NO. My mother was a psychotic nut job.

• I think I would die from embarrassment. And knowing my parents, death would probably be preferable over whoever they'd pick for me.

• Depends on the person arranged for me... But it would be a bit of a gamble. I don't really like gambles. Especially if my life is on the line. I voted maybe, but I kinda feel like no way at the same time.

• No way... in next 2-3 years I'm going to face this.

• WTF? Do arrange marriage exist among americans?

• My mom is the 5th daughter of 7 girls. And up until the 4th were arranged by her father. But when my grandfather wanted to arrange my mother's marriage to a rich kids family, she said no.

Then she picked my and married my dad, who at the time was poor because he grew up as an orphan. My grandfather disapproved of it and stopped talking to my mom until he died. Her life with my father was really hard, but I think it made their relationship stronger.

• Yes I'm down for the idea since I'm too delicate.

• Arranged things never turn out good. You will never know if the love is sincere. You can't put random people together and see if they like each other. It's not a science experiment it's life. Love for one another comes in various stages that's why people date. They are testing the compatibility of one another. Then love grows. Don't force love or you'll be sorry in the future

• Never! Why would I ever let someone else decide who I want to spend the rest of my life with?

• My parents couldn't pick my clothes, let alone my wife.

• If that was the custom, why not.

• So something being a custom makes it good?

• No not necessaraly good or bad just tradition, i live in america and believe you can choose whomever you want, but im not going to trash others customs. are you in a arranged marriage?

• and what if it was ones custom to kill their first born child? We are ALL human, some thing are just evil... the end!

• With the way things are going for me an arranged marriage is looking really good right about know.

• No, only I know what is compatible for me.

• Helllllllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooooo

• Hell no! If somehow forced into that situation (which I see as impossible) I'd give the girl an honest chance to walk away. If she didn't I'd off her.

• What if she was cool?

• She's still holding me against my will and my will power is unstoppable. It can only end in a volcanic eruption. What can I say, I'm stubborn. :p That said if I met the girl through family, for example at a family piknik or something like that and I thought she was cool for my own reasons without outside influence then sure I'd give her a chance and date her. If it turned into a good relationship down the road, then I'd consider marriage at that point. An introduction like heh this is Jennifer she's Bob's daughter is fine. Anything beyond that is really not acceptable in my opinion.

• I might have to go with c :(

• no, id rather a girl find and choose me and for her to fall in love with me on her own and not do it cause she was told to, it just wouldn't feel natural or normal to me, and i would feel unimportant to her

What Girls Said 16

• Hell. Fucking. No.
    i1.kym-cdn.com/.../e19.jpeg

• Meeting a guy through your parents isn't the same as a real arranged marriage- not sure which one you were really referring to

• When I think of arranged marriages I think of like using a matchmaker to help you find someone, not "congratulations you're now married and have no choice in the matter"

• My mom likes the opposite of what I like. I've been on her wound 9 months and I'm soon to be 19 and she STILL doesn't know me enough to buy me something I like for Christmas or my birthday.
    Imagine a guy? No! :S

• No, statistics produced in China and India shows that divorce are very low in arranged marriages. But I would never marry someone I barely even knew.

• No, my parents have the worst taste ever.

• I don't like people meddling, but if a guy is nice, I'd go on a few dates, see what happens.
    An arranged date, yes, an arranged marriage, no.

• Hell no!!
    Albanians use to do arranged marriages all the time. It's not as common anymore, but I would never allow it

• mostly because I'm a complete control freak

• they wouldn't pick the guy I want

• No fucking way! I'd rather die, than be in an arranged marriage, not even kidding.- No one decides over me like that.

• No. I prefer to meet people on my own. I would never want an arranged marriage.

• I don't think so, but I'd get my parents opinion on who i'm dating and take it into serious consideration.

• No way absolutely no

• I voted A.
    There's no way I'd want anything like that.
    First of all, my parents and I have VERY different definitions of what is considered a good man and a good match for me.
    Secondly, I don't want to marry anyone I don't actually want to marry.

• Fuck no. I'd marry myself first.