Love Or Submission... which Should Come First In Marriage?

A man says... I don't love my wife because she is not submissive perhaps if she were submissive, i'd have loved her.
A woman says... I am not submissive to my husband because he doesn't love me, if he had shown me love, i'd have been submissive.
Ephesians 5:22... wives be submissive to your husbands as unto the LORD
Ephesians 5:25... husbands love your wives just as CHRIST loves the church.
Now my question is "which should come first... LOVE or SUBMISSION?"
Your honest views are welcome.

Most Helpful Guy

• after eve eats the fruit and God gives his punishment for sin the bible say that "To the woman He said, 'I will greatly multiply Your pain [e]in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.'"(Genesis 3:16) what you are quoting is Christ's commandment to Christians whale Genesis 3:16 is to all women. I am not saying you have to believe that if you are not a Christian, just you quoted the Bible so I used the Bible to prove my point. So to me it seems as though the woman's submission would come before the mans love. However, if you are a Christian Christ has commanded us to love her anyways. hope this helped :)

• here is the url to this verse in Biblegate way if you would like to read it in context, highly recommended you do that to all verses were you only are given a small porsion

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• Love. Why should there be submission in a marriage? It should be a partnership. Not a feudal setup.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!