USA: when they accept fiancé visa then I go and get marry in USA if I divorced first year, are they going to ask me to go back to my country?

Like I said in my question, I want to know like when I get marry with my American boyfriend if he'll divorce me first year our marriage am I going to go back to my country? when I get marry do they immediately settle my papers?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have heard they need to stay married for a few years before she can stay, unless there is a case of domestic abuse. They will want to know the woman isn't faking it, so they would investigate to make sure. If she does get sent back, I have heard it is almost impossible to come back to the USA a second time.

What Guys Said 3

• It sounds like you aren't planning on staying married if you are already thinking about divorce. Not a situation to get married all together.

• you should seek a legal advisor but from what I know once you marry you get citizenship and if you divorce they won't force you to leave unless they can prove your marriage was a sham. I think:p

• If you are trying to scam the country you will be found out. They've been cracking down on it recently.

What Girls Said 2

• Not quite sure, but I think you need to stay with him 5 years to get permanent visa. But well once you're here, you're probably going to work and can get visa that way easier.

Why are you asking anyways?

• Ask a lawyer, this issue is way too complicated for the average person to know.