Why guys scared of getting married?

why guys scared of getting married while they are able to be in relationship

Most Helpful Guy

• The thought of marrying the right woman doesn't scare me one bit...

What Guys Said 13

• To each their own.

Its a lot less common for a guy to be afraid to commit to just a normal relationship, however marriage is completely different. By getting married, you are legally attaching yourself to another person in terms of finances, ownership, and in social situations. You're no longer a you but a we. In terms of religion, or morality, you are dedicating the rest of your life to one person. It can be kinda scary.

Personally, I am completely happy with the woman I'm with and would get down on one knee tomorrow if I could afford a ring lol. It doesn't frighten me, and I believe that if you are truly confident in the person you're with, its now a problem at all.

• hey i mean marriage does not seem like a good idea if you look at marriages in the US. What it shows... is that people change in marriage, not just men, but women as well. Could be numerous things... but all that it shows, is that once that relationship becomes a marriage... the divorce begins for Americans.
    Its not that men are scared... i thought if i married my girl she'd change. She'd feel more secure to not hold back things she did in the past because marriage sanctified us as a union whose sole purpose was for no separation. Or that i would make a bad father.
    The together forever line always got me nervous lol. Look my whole thing is... if your happy where you are... no reason to change it at all, just leave it the way it is.

• because 60% of marriages end, with 70%+ of divorces being initiated by women

she can take your children away from you and turn you into an indentured servant via child support for 18 years

and even if you do stay together, we all see the wives who instantly stop trying and become fat and unpleasant to be around

add on to that the fact that most girls only wana get married once they feel like they're getting old / have had their fun sleeping w/ lots of different guys, and i REALLY don't see how marriage is a good thing nowadays

• If it was the baby boomers era... this wouldn't be case because... LOOK ... everybodies doing it and at 18 years old no less... today... divorce is part of the culture... people that dont divorce are rare... but then again... its almost every girls dream to have the perfect white wedding... so i can understand why its so important for females...

• We see all our parent's friends or our friends/coworkers who are in their 30's or 40's and married, and observe how the men seem to be henpecked and controlled and harassed and not get enough sex.

Then we look at divorce statistics, at how women initiate most divorces, and since women usually marry up, they make a nice profit in asset division.

Then we realize--wait. Today, a good looking man can date a girl, have sex with her, spend loads of time with her, live with her if he really likes her, (even have kids with her if he wants) and never be legally bound--meaning a court can't grant her alimony or take away his assets if they break up.

Simply put, the current system gives very little incentive for a man to legally marry a woman, and TONS of incentives for him not to.

• Because the wide will boss him around, cause baldness and obesity.

• Because of all the laws that require us to give up so much of our stuff if we get divorced lol.

• because then a guy isn't able to sex other women.

• They are not scared. It's more of being smart & hanging onto what you worked your whole life for. All women have to do is marry a guy who has some assets & those automatically become hers no matter how the marriage turns out. She can even cheat, ask for the divorce & still end up with everything and some.

• It can ruin my life if something goes wrong. It benefits the woman either way. I honestly don't see any pluses to getting married.

• just look at alan harper. thats why.

• What it means to be tied down to one woman for the rest of their life. Women CAN be the same way (same man the rest of their life)

• I have too much money and I don't want to risk losing it all.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know but a past bf actually broke up with me for not ever wanting marriage nor kids. Strange how things can turn out. If we care so much about it, you end up getting men scared of marriage and forming families. If you don't give a damn, suddenly they start getting interested in it. I guess they can't stand a woman acting and being like them.

Try reverse psychology and maybe you'll find your marriage-minded man.

• They don't like the fact of commitment

• Yet, I've been bumping into those guys showing interest in that type of commitment from time to time when I was single, just when I don't want it. If any of you women want those men, I'll happily transfer them to you.

• because men know that marriage is a very serious thing. Men are the providers and builders of one family and creating a family is not as easy as it seems. Men who are afraid of marriage are true men and they know their responsibilities. They know that once they are going to married, for them there's no fun at all. That's why it's easy for them to have relationships that marriage.