Can you marry someone outside your religious faith?

these days, many people marry across religious lines.

though in islam it is allowed for a muslim guy to marry up to 4 christian or jew girls.

but you from outside islamic world can you imagine spending your life with someone who thinks that what you believe is wrong

If you are a christian,
you believe Christ is the only way to heaven. So could
you marry someone that you know won't be in heaven with you?
(be honest, say what you mean)

Most Helpful Girl

• (I plan on marrying someone with a religion who been rivals with mine , but there's really no point of them being rivals in the first place) . Im Christian and I would because I don't think that they wouldn't go to heaven because of there beliefs. I believe that their beliefs are something apart of their heritage , and morals and who they are, and that Christ gave free will to everyone, and because of that they wouldn't know who was right or wrong , no one could, because people choose to believe what they felt in their heart was true. I would respect their religion , but not change mine. Personally I think it great to believe in something , even if its different then what I do, like my Hindu friend, because ill always know they'll something or things to turn to when they lost hope in other things. Because it will give them hope.

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't mind marrying someone who is Atheist as long as our future children can follow and learn about Christianity. I highly prefer marrying someone with the same religious beliefs as I am. I would never marry someone who is from a different religious background because I wouldn't want my future children getting confused in what to believe in and this it creates a huge problem. The thing is, I love going to church and I would want a partner who enjoys doing that as well.

• To be honest?

I would not ever marry someone who is outside my religion. I wouldn't even give them a chance. Too many issues would surface.

• As a Christian, I do purposely date Christians because A) It is so much easier just to agree on something that is a big deal B) My family will approve C) We can take part in religion together. It's nice to be the same, but people do make it work with people outside of their religion.

• I'm catholic and I couldn't care less whether the person I'm with is religious or not. Mainly because I don't do anything with my religion at all.

• Hi. Im Jewish and I could marry outside my religion. It isn't against the law, just some people want to preserve the religion and are afraid intermarriage will lead to a decrease in jews. But in Judaism we dont believe in hell and that basically everyone can go to heaven regardless of their religion. We are also extremely against forcing/trying to covert people. So for me I would marry outside but my kids would be raised jewish

• I wouldn't marry someone that is hardcore about their religion. It doesn't matter what that religion is. We just wouldn't get along

• I'm atheist and could only marry someone who held a religious belief if they in no way forced it on me. I will end a relationship if the guy doesn't respect me and tries to force me into attending church and whatnot.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. Definitely yes cos I did it. Im Christian and she is Muslim. We kept each others religion, we are respecting it and we have absolutely no problems between us.-
    And what is allowed in islam or not? Hmm... if its real love - both sides - we can break all rules and customs of islamic religion. And we did it. Hidden and smooth way which wasn't hurting anybody. We are together 1,5 year and we are happy like 1st day. ( Movie love)
    Yes and yes. All you need is love, respect and power to fight with senseless rules and customs+officers.
    We won this battle.

• That's nice to hear, but consider this: She was liberal enough to break the rules of her religion. You surely share some similar perception of this world in other way, otherwise it wouldn't work. It's not "religion" that dictates, it's the perception of the world (e. g. the vegetarian-example I made).

• I think its not only matter of liberality but matter of intelligence, education, respect, free will and selfdetermination. Yes, she is normal and it should be like this. if there is some problem more.. love should break it and it happened. It wasn't so easy like for the 1st sight, but we did it together. Question was if i can marry different religion.. im saying yes, i did it and described conditions. If somebody is fanatic ( both sides) it isn't working of course, but we were/are normal.

• After all, we must share certain basic views of the world to form a happy relationship. If it's not religion then it's ideology. I know a few couples which are vegetarian-nonvegetarian. It's always either the vegetarian not taking his ideology too seriously or the nonvegetarian having meat only outside (in one case even only when the girlfriend's not with him...). So it doesn't matter what you base your worldview on, you need to be with somebody who shares it.

• I'm an Atheist (born Muslim) and for dating I would date girls from any religions but when it comes to marriage its hard for to marry someone who believes on old and nonsense stories.