I'm going to a wedding tomorrow that is pirate themed. Do you think that's weird or a cool way to make it something to remember?

I've never been to such a differently themed wedding. All guests have to dress in pirate clothing as well. I think its a different idea, but I personally would want a classic wedding if I were to marry again.
What are your thoughts? Weird? Original? What theme, if any, would you love to have?

Here are some pics of this pirate wedding.

bermudasun.bm/.../747

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a bit weird & original -- but remember, it's for THEM, not you. The only bad-side to that would be not the people IN the wedding, but any general guests. I'm sure just wearing a pirate hat along with a shirt'n'tie or dress would suffice.

The wedding isn't for those who like going to them to "dress up" and to "be in a pretty environment", etc. It's not Yours. :) Again, it's For Them and about Them. Have fun with it! It's to enjoy THEIR experience. And if you're not IN the wedding, don't feel any pressure to get all pirated-up -- just wearing a hat should suffice.

What Guys Said 4

• I think it's great. It might deter people who are opposed to the theme or are shy about it, but the event itself will be memorable, no question. It's a pleasure to be in a themed place that's clearly had a lot of thought put into it.

• It's definitely not going to be a wedding that I'll forget any time soon. :)

• Weddings make me nauseous.

• That's really immature, like a kids birthday party. Stupid.

• The bride and groom are actually 34 and 37 years old. They're very eccentric. ;)

• Their ages don't mean they are mature

• I didn't say it did. I was just giving background info on the people having the wedding...

• I might be going to a wedding in Austin, Texas next month, where supposedly it's going to be at least 100 degrees. It'll be a dry heat most likely, so it won't feel gross but, I really don't like being in that kind of heat. It's going to be an outdoor wedding. Luckily we won't have to be in suit and tie

• This wedding is in Bermuda. About 86f and approx 80% humidity and on the beach. I'm sure I'll roast in all my pirate garb. Lol

• Bermuda sounds fun though. Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama

• Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go... I love me some Beach Boys. Lol.

What Girls Said 6

• Your wedding day is supposed to be the best day in a bride's life, and a day that is all about her. You should get to have whatever theme you want :D And being traditional means "just like everyone else". I wanted a fairy/fantasy theme, and to get married on horseback on the beach. But I also never wanted to get married, and I don't ever plan on doing it again :P I'm not against marriage, I just don't think it's necessary anymore.

• I got married at my house, around my pool. That marriage only lasted 2 years. Lol.

• Courthouse, 2 weeks shy of 3, and 75% spent off and on/separated. It was a military thing and rushed. I'm not proud of it. We planned something more special at a park, but my dress wouldn't zip up, I had no one to help me, and the deposit for the justice of peace had to be spent on an error overcharge for the rental car, which we got back the day before I went home,

• Oh no! I guess we learn from our mistakes, right? Lol

• :O I have always been against a big wedding or a ceremony but that idea is totally epic to me. I love pirate movies and pirate themed things I think its original and I'd love it. I love originality and different things.

• It's not something I'd do for myself, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how its all come together, what people wear, the pirate food, traditions. :)

• That's stupid. But i would do Harlem Renaissance theme.

• I personally find it to be cheesy unless professionally done with a strict dress code.

• I'd personally not do it, I think a wedding should be about the joining of the bride and groom and not some circus/festival/party/piss-up type thing that so many of them are these days.

• That's not the wedding for me. I also want something traditional and pretty