How do you feel about 'saving yourself' for marriage?

I wouldn't do it simply because not everyone is sexually compatible & I'd like to figure it out before I strap in for the long haul. & I believe if the person is right and you love each other it's alright. But that's me. What do you believe guys & girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll do it when it feels right for me and my partner. Whether it's with a girl I met in a bar, a long time girlfriend, a friend, or my wife, it doesn't really matter to me who it's with. As long as I do it when I feel ready to do it, and the other person wants to do it too, it doesn't really matter to me. People have way too big expectations when it comes to sex. Honestly, it's overrated.

What Guys Said 8

• to each their own. I personally thing that a sexual compatibility is absolutely essential to a healthy relationship and the only way to find out is to do it. I wouldn't want to wait three years, decide to get married and then realize we have fundamentally different views on sex, differing sex drives, etc.

• My wife and me did it, and it was the best decision ever. I mean, we're not only going to spend our lives together, we share basically all important first things together (honestly, not the kiss, big pity).

You can totally talk things through without having to actually do it. ut well, I'm not the judge, I just give my opinion to those who want to hear it.

• So, one aspect that does NOT play any part in your decision is... morality. Correct?

• I prefer the method of trial and error, just in case my marriage would be an error. Things have to be done empirically right?

• Special and honor. Saving ur body and ur precious gift for the luv of ur life is truly an HONOR. As u notice, being her first and everything for a man is truly special. I'd be da HAPPIEST man alive to be her first and everything before any other lions have touched her.

• My girlfriend and I are both virgins, and we are happy about it, because we will go into marriage with a blank slate... No expectations or comparisons with previous lovers.

• I respect people who do it, but I think it's completely pointless myself.

• Pffft no, for some backward belief that somehow if you do it when your married it magically becomes "special"? there's nothing special about not knowing what the hell your doing on your wedding night

What Girls Said 9

• You wouldn't buy a car right off the lot without test driving it first? Right? My policy on premarital sex has always been to test drive before you buy. If you're not sexually compatible that's going to make marriage a lot harder than if you are so you should probably find out before hand.

• love dick too much, I can't lol

• I'm christian, so I plan on waiting until holy matrimony.
    Sure, some people wouldn't "buy a car without test driving it", but wouldn't you read the Manuel/ pamphlet before hand to know what you are getting yourself into in the first place? I believe in communication, now I'm not saying a person should plain out ask their partner "Do YuO LikE AnAL? However a couple who has been in a long term relationship should know what kinks, and tricks the other is into. Sometimes you don't have to perform an action to find things out. Just like Straight and gay people don't have to "experiment" to know that they were attracted to a certain gender but that's a different story...

• I have no interest in marriage so this wouldn't work for me

• What's the point of marriage anyway? I'm not a virgin and even if I were, I'm not waiting until some legal papars are signed so that I can finally have sex with him.

If certain people are waiting till marriage, ok whatever suits them. That's just not for me.

• Honestly I don't think I will wait because how do I know it'll feel good with the guy or if he can bear me children

• I'm a Christian and I'm saving myself for marriage. I can never quite form the right words to express how I feel about it but... I follow a lovely woman named Chelsie on tumblr and she had a wonderful response to a question similar to this so I'm including the link to her answer http://chelsieautumn.tumblr.com/post/90013836653

Her answer is how I feel about the topic but I will add that I don't really buy into the "sexual compatibility" stuff. The only thing my husband and I need to be "compatible" with is our love of God and our love, devotion, and respect of each other. Everything else will work itself out from there.

• Its retarded in my opinion.

• I want to wait, I don't care it's my choice I believe that it would be worth it. Someone who truly love you takes your virginity.