How did you know your spouse was "the one"?

How did you know your spouse was the one? Do you feel something different?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... she liked me... and then later, I developed feelings for her. We decided that since we liked each other, we'd give it a try and stay committed to each other. Well... we never had a reason to break up, we found we enjoyed each other's company enough to be committed for the rest of our lives, so we decided to get married :)

Granted, it took awhile from that point, including first asking her parents for their permission, getting a ring, and properly proposing, but that's how it happened.

What Guys Said 3

• I knew she wasn't the one lol and told her that many times but she created situations whereby she became my spouse and now ex :)

• There is no "the one". Love is the result of hard work and doesn't just come along. You can fall in love with somebody, but that's mere sexual attraction; to make it work, it takes a lot more than just a bit of a feeling.

• There is no the one, it's all about timing and circumstances.

What Girls Said 2

• People say they get a feeling. I think you need to be more rational than that. The relationship will go smoothly. The guy will be pursuing the girl openly and she won't be left guessing. There will be respect and open communication and not a lot of problems. They are friends too and enjoy each other's company. They both want to get married and have enough lifestyle goals in common and are both committed to making it work.

• You just know. When me and my husband got together I didn't really see us ending up the way we have... but after awhile I couldn't see my life without him. I would be totally lost without him... he's the other half to me. Simple as that.