I'm, Christian and I'm in love with a Muslim woman. We plan to marry and have kids, Ihave no problem with our kids being raised Muslim?

I believe that the religious upbringing need to be passed through the mother. I'm American and she's Ghanian. She
was shocked to learn that I eat pork. I believe that we can work things out. Have any of you seen a marriage such as this? I know there are many differences cultural, religious
and so forth, I do know that I love her more than anything and
I'm going to roll the dice.

I believe these things can be worked out. I'm a devout Christian and aren't
we taught to be tolerant of other beliefs and religions? Yes, God is #1 in
my life. All you Bible thumpers who don't like this need to get a damn life !

Most Helpful Girl

• It has been done before although personally I haven't heard of many cases. If you love her then I am positive that you will work it out. There needs to be more people like you in the world that are more accepting of other people's beliefs. I wish you all the best and I hope that you have a long and happy lufe together

What Girls Said 10

• If she marries you she will be committing a sin. Yes Islam and Christianity have similarities but they have differences too. Where you believe Hazrat Isa Alayhi Asalam (Jesus Christ) is your God. We Muslims believe he is a messenger of ALLAH SubhanatALLAH who came to preach about Islam. Where your religion condones the eating of pork and drinking of wine the latter being seen as the sacred blood of Hazrat Isa Alayhi Asalam (Jesus Christ). Both of those in our religion are Haram and for valid reasons too. There are many other factors I can list if you want. But I think you get the gist. Moreover a Muslim can only marry a Muslim or one who has reverted to Islam or converted to Islam. If she marries you she is a sinner. Further to this, you are saying you'll allow your children to be brought up as Muslims. Do you really think that will be possible when their parents are practicing 2 different religions. I suggest you let her go. And if you are serious about marrying her. Take time out and study Islam - revert to Islam only if you love the religion and want to - not because it is a means to marrying her.

Personally speaking I see many ups and downs for such a relationship the rest if your choice

• Yes, it's been done many times before.

And I respect your decision to even let her raise your kids under her beliefs.

But the question is is she fine with you keeping your faith going or are you willing to convert?

Are you willing to change your diet or will she accept your life style?

Also I know you are already adults but where does your parents and family stand in this? Will they accept you and will they accept her?

But over all follow your heart.

• But I'm serious on the whole family thing. I'm going to assume you both live in America so technically her life style is up to her.

Bu her family will intervene and probably try to keep this from happening unless of course you're willing to change your religion.

And she just might stand by her family and not follow her heart.

Your story kinda reminds me of Romeo and Juliet.

• well I don't see an issue with it, I've seen a few marriage where partners are from different cultures, though I think if she is a practicing muslim, she wouldn't be allowed to marry you

• well iv been meaning to date a white British guy, hopeing he wouldn't be intimidated buy me or my religeuon... but over all im not so strict ed stuff,...

but if she was ''shocked that you eat pork'' and other thing that aren't a part of our religeon, then i suggest you should have a seriouse think through about this, coz us islamic people dont change very easly (im a easy going girl buy the way) but if you want marriagw with this girl, think long and hard if you can cope with her differences of her being ''shocked'' while you eat pork,...

• Look into islam, you might want to convert. It'll make life easier for all of you. Islam is the number one growing religion after all

• Hmm too many red flags here... Love will go Wong.

• I don't see it working out but good luck !

• i know a muslim girl who is married to a soldier and they have cute babies!! Treat her well and she will be faithful to you for life.

• hello am muslim and her parents where stright muslims they will not let you marry her it's just islam

• Well sir, it is your life to live! You are given decisions to make, because love MUST allow for free will, including God's love.

That being said, I think you need to pray about this. Islam and Christianity are completely incompatible. They contradict each other. They cannot coexist. They do not mix. They do not agree. You cannot believe both at the same time, unless you believe religion to be merely a nice way to make people behave well... and do not actually believe a word of it is actual truth.

Islam says Jesus was a prophet, a mere man with a nice heart, but certainly not God. Thus, he could not have died for sins. Thus, if he was only man, your only chance of getting into heaven is through your own works. Christianity says that he is God. Christianity explicitly says that there is no way to undo your sins with works, but only grace. You cannot say both at once.

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?"
    "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter [or spouse!!!] more than me is not worthy of me."

If you choose this woman over Christ, then you have not followed Christ. You love her more than anything... even Christ? It is up to you whether you want to follow or not. But know that if you marry this woman, you will NOT be following him.

• I do not believe that this is in any way true. What sort of world do we live in when people cannot live along side each other because they do not accept the other's belief's. You do not have to be of the same religion to co-exist

What Guys Said 9

• I have a friend who did it. It did work out, but they went through hell for many years before it did. The problem was not with them, it was her family (the Muslim girl's family). It was NOT accepted by her family. There were kidnappings, death threats, guns, sneaking around for years. This serious stuff and it went on for years.

I'd suggest finding out more about her family and how they will react. I would ask them directly, otherwise you might not get a real answer just going by appearances. Also make sure her extended family back home is OK with it, because they can still exert a lot of pressure.

• If you have no problem with your kids being raised worshiping the moon god Allah and rejecting Christ (The two cannot coexist), then I question your Christian faith to begin with.

• Chill out ^ "moon god" do your hw

• Do yours, confusedpoop.

From: www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/554692/posts

"Allah" is from the compound Arabic word "al-ilah" or in English "the god". Allah was known before Muhammad's time without a doubt. His name has been found in pre-islamic writings and other archeological finds. At the Kabah in Mecca over 350 gods were worshipped, but it was built especially for the chief deity - the moon god. Allah was the personal title of the moon god. Allah was married to the sun goddess. They produced three daughters, whose worship Muhammad would later make the mistake of condoning. The crescent moon symbol of Arabia came from this god.

• Jesus Christ said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. NOBODY comes to God except through me." (John 14:6)

You are making no issue with your children rejecting Jesus as the only way to the Father. The teachings of Islam strip Jesus of His deity. How can you be okay with that?

• You should figure out what she thinks about circumcision and what you think about circumcision. Last time I heard, it was senseless genital mutilation supported by pseudoscience to get tax revenues from the procedure, but muslims seem to have it as a compulsory procedure for some reason. I wouldn't accept those terms no matter what.

• "I believe that the religious upbringing need to be passed through the mother."

Why? o_O

• Sorry mate
    But if you love her then let her go
    As you are a christian she cannot marry you
    She will be living in sin if she does
    As the religious teaching doesn't allow for her to marry you
    Or if you are open to the idea of converting then learn about islam if it seem right then convert
    But sorry mate you can't marry her in the current situation... well you can marry her but she can't marry you

Sorry the truth hurts

• Side note dont convert if the only reason is to marry her

• Side note 2... by the way if she is a practicing muslim then all the reason stated above stand if not then it would be upto her if she wants to live in a state of sin and maybe even die in a state of sin

• I'm not trying to be mean to you, but I am going to say this anyway. You really need to pray to God about this. If you have no problem with your kids being raised Muslim or that your wife will be a Muslim then you are NOT a Christian and don't know the God that I know. There is no way a true Christian could help from praying for his family and trying to teach them the ONLY way to save their souls and lives and be with Christ Jesus one day. Christian and Muslim beliefs are in no way compatible.

• I dont wanna sound rude, but I think it won't work out between you two.

• A muslim woman cannot merry with a man who is from different religion but a muslim man can merry with a Christian or Jew women. U have to become Muslim to merry her.

• Muslim men also can't marry women of christian and jewish beliefs because they aren't true christians and jews like in the past but the men still lie about it and marry who they want. Also a christian man or jewish man is also a person of the book, so why the sexist interpretation in not allowing muslim women the same rights as men? Oh yes because muslim men can't handle their women marrying men who can treat them well and at the same time respect their religion and raise muslim kids. Get with the true meanings of god and not sexist male interpretations.

• yes I know but i just told the basic thing !

• I'v never actually seen that since both religions despise each other according to the Bible and Quran. It would be interesting to see that work! It would be good though.

"She was shocked to learn that I eat pork". Why? that's a Jewish thing

• Not eating pork ain't just a Jewish thing

• How can the bible despise a religion that wouldn't exist for another 600 years after it was written? lol

• @Dandeus Damn, really? Tooshay.<I dont know how to spell it