Boyfriend says if I got pregnant he would take care of me, what does this mean?

He's older he knows I want marriage in the future. I still live with strict parents. We practice safe sex but he knows that if I got pregnant my parents would be so angry and maybe throw me out. He says if you got pregnant you could come be with me and live with me no worries.

He also talks about kids and says can't believe he doesn't have kids yet and says he likes them.

What is his deal?

Just to clarify I do not want to get pregnant unless we are married first
He did not say it when we were fooling around. He said it when we were sober walking around together. Because I said I am glad we have safe sex since I can't get pregnant now.

Most Helpful Girl

• this is the same thing my bf would say. I told him his parents wouldn't take me in either, that I doubted his parents would want me living with them along with a child. I don't care what guy tells me that, I trust no guy when it comes to getting pregnant unless i'm married. If I got preggo, I woudn't be surprised if a guy left me.

What Guys Said 4

• Broken guy code...

does he say this often in general conversation; or mainly around the heat of passion?
    guys will say anything to change the light from red to green.

Sometimes they don't even realize it was intended as a promise... make sure he knows what
    this really means; and that it will change both of your lives... permanently!!

• what are you confused about? He's saying that you could live with him and/or get married should you get pregnant and kicked out of your house.

• he really likes you and sees a future with you (now what is it that you want?)

• Think it's pretty obvious what he wants...

What Girls Said 4

• Sone men say this all of the time. Don't do it. Things never go as planned.

• he wants a future with you.

• Wants to f you so bad

• Sounds like a trap, but I could be wrong. You never know how someone is going to react when they find out your pregnant. Unless you've been planning.