What is your opinion on a couple getting married after 4 months of dating?

Will it last or is this due to lust?

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its very silly. I don't understand why people rush into things.

At 4 months you're still in the "honeymoon phase". You haven't had any real struggles or fights and don't know enough about one another's character.

What Guys Said 7

• Marriage in theory is a lifelong commitment.
    Therefore, you want someone VERY compatible with each other.
    There is NO way to get that information in such a short time.
    My observations are that it takes about two years to get a handle on someone.
    Not likely to last.

• I don't know the people, so I couldn't say for sure. It DOES vary from person to person.

However, statistically speaking, the odds are against people who only took four months before they get married. Despite how it might feel, it's likely they don't ENTIRELY know the other person quite yet. I'd say preferably two years or more. That might seem like a long time, but when you're talking about your entire life here, that's barely any time at all :)

• Well the guy is a player type and possible that he may got her pregnant.
      But he is def a player and a past cheater.

• It's just a recipe for divorce. I wouldn't do it at less than 4 years.

• If they know enough about each other and have high compability, then yes it will last.

• I think the marriage will be lucky to last half that time.

• I think it's far too soon. What's the rush anyway?

• I almost did it. Big mistake. You don't know the person yet but yes there are instances of 50 year happy marriages from such a start.

What Girls Said 6

• That is really fast, but it does happen, and sometimes it will be a happy union for many years. But being the realist that I am, it will probably end in D-I-V-O-R-C-E.

• The guys a player and they're already having trust issues

• Sometimes I don't like being a realist, I was really hoping for wedded bliss for this couple. Oh well another one bites the dust.

• wow i think thats WAY too fast.

• I think whoever the couples are are crazy! Its too fast.. It won't last..

• It takes a minimum of two years to really know someone, getting married before then is silly.

• More like lust or impulse

• Just no. Such a bad decision.