What do you think about buying a bottle of wine on your wedding day to open on your 25th wedding anniversary?

What do you think about buying a bottle of currrent year (2014) wine to open on your 25th wedding anniversary?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a great idea. But it has to be a bottle that's good enough to cellar for 25 years. You can't be saving a bottle of Barefoot that long.

• Indeed!
      I once opened and emptied a 20 yo bottle of 1st class champagne, expensive Dom PĂ©rignon. I had received as a present and forgotten it in the cellar among other bottles, till it came up when we moved. I hadn't saved it for a special occasion but it was really the best bottle of anything I ever tasted. I had luck: champagne can either become sour or a nectar. There's no 20-yr guarantee.

What Guys Said 1

• Fun idea. But as the other answerer said. Make sure you have a good enough quality bottle and you know how to store it. Most wines have to be kept in darkness and also at the right temperatures and humidity.

What Girls Said 1

• thats a cute idea:) gotta b good stuff tho hehe and looked after over the years <3