What sort of wedding would you prefer, if you got married? No frills or no expenses spared?

Filet mignon or potlock? Church or chapel? Everyone you know or just a few witnesses?

• Big and expensive.
  • Small and cheap.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always thought big and expensive since I'm pampered and spoilt. But as I've started to understand my religion more and more I want a simple wedding

• I think a good way to look at is: would you rather have a big wedding or an additional $10,000 in the bank?

• thanks for MH :)

• Wasn't expecting it

What Girls Said 11

• I put big and expensive, but it's really somewhere in the middle. I'm very traditional, so I want things like the dress and decorations to be nice, but I don't want to be bridezilla, or anything. I don't have much money, so I'd likely find cheaper ways to get the same expensive look. Also, I have a large extended family that will want to help out, so I can assign them all easy things to bring, like have one person bring champagne (not the super expensive stuff, but not the rot gut either) and one person bring vases for centerpieces, and I can hire my friends for things like photography for a lower price and I have a friend who's a florist, so it will all be less expensive, but more elaborate.

• Small, cheap, and intimate with family and close friends only. That's the way my wedding is going to be.

I see those wedding shows on TV and it makes me cringe to see those people throwing away so much money for a wedding and inviting everyone and their mother so they can say they had 1000 guests. People are so ridiculous now. The marriage is so much more important.

• My weddings going to be small its going to be on a beach. it's all planned out in my head and on my pinterest board ha if i ever get married. its probably going to still be expensive though especially considering the dress i want or should i say from the designer i want my dress from is going to probably cost more then the wedding it self hhaah

• if i had the money, big and expensive, otherwise, i dont care so much. I would like a small ceremony in the woods

• Small and cheap. Already been married once and it was mediocore. I don't need to spend lots of money I don't have lol

• I picked a but I don't care about the price. I want it to be beautiful and special, and it will, as well as sparkly lol

• I want my wedding to be on a beach. I want a cute ball white gow. Also red velvet cake (yum!) It doesn't have to be traditional though.
    We can do whatever we feel like. It doesn't have to be big. It's too much work. Maybe invite a few close people.

• Small and cheap because I think it wouldn't last.

• I wouldn't mind marrying in Vegas. And no i dont mean some cheap chapel. I want to marry at a popular hotel where there is beautiful scenery. And then i want my honeymoon to be in a nice penthouse suite. there's plenty of attractions there besides gambling. And because its a destination wedding, I wouldn't expect much family to come. Probably just Parents, siblings, and grandparents

• Small and cheap. Gotta save up some dough for the honeymoon <3

• I've always wanted a simple wedding. Nothing elaborate.

What Guys Said 1

• My favorite account of a wedding was one from an English teacher of mine. He and his wife went to a small local church one afternoon, he wearing a dark blue suit and she wearing a dress with white in it. They said their vows and signed their papers, and then went back home to make sandwiches.

• Sometimes I feel like certain things, often the most sacred, have become too material. And I am a thorough capitalist...

• They're commitment to each other predated by far their official marriage, and to me this is the most responsible and sustainable way to go about marriage. The joy to expense ratio of an expensive wedding is unimpressive considering the wide range of memorable activities that a couple could enjoy together with the same funds, making for a much happier relationship in the long term.