Have any womanizers ever realized after you got older, that you would rather have had just one lady?

The womanizer to end all womanizers, Wilt Chaimberlain, who claims to have had sex with 20,000 women in his lifetime said in his later years:

"With all of you men out there who think that having a thousand different ladies is pretty cool, I have learned in my life [and] I've found out that having one woman a thousand different times is much more satisfying."

Have any other men lived a life of indulgence only to realize that you missed out on a chance at love?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, not a guy, but a good chunk of my early 20's were spent dating, crying over, dating again, crying again over a guy who was a notorious player. And a skilled one at that- he loved the thrill of getting a girl into bed, but REALLY loved the thrill of making a girl fall in love with him. Once he was out of my life, I concluded that he was an emotional robot who would be doing the same thing when he's 70 years old.

That was years ago, and I actually just heard a little bit about him from mutual friends. He met a girl with his same mindset (a "playette" I guess you could say) and he thought they were having the usual fiery start to a relationship that would eventually lead to her falling for him and him losing interest, and then he found out she was doing the same thing with 3 other guys. When he confronted her she shrugged it off and stopped hanging out with him. I guess the player in him was so rocked at having "lost" while looking pretty blind and dumb in the process that he slowed down quite a bit... he continued to hook up randomly but just didn't have the drive to carry on the game beyond one-night stands and such.

The next girl he got into a relationship with, he proposed to and they are now married. Kind of funny, actually. The older and more experienced I get, the more I think players are just normal guys deep down and but need a lot of extra motivation to want a real relationship. I've learned not to associate with them unless I just want some temporary fun. I heart Wilt Chamberlain, by the way.

What Girls Said 1

• I totally agree to this even though I'm a girl. xD

What Guys Said 1

• Although I'm no where near 20,000, I certainly have had my share, I completely agree with him.