What do you guys think about arranged marriage?

Same as above. And do your opinions change if the girl agrees and wants to have an arranged marriage?

Most Helpful Guy

• You do seem to be of South Asian descent. No wonder, the question :) of course it is something demonized in the Western society but it has its own charm. The very concept and process of marriage if different in this part of the world.

• Oh thank you for the MH. Are you getting into one? If there is any advice I can give from both the guy or the girl's perspective, I will be more than happy to help. You may follow me if that makes u more comfortable.

• Well, it would seem like that to others. But that is not the case. Both of us are classic minded. We had faith in what out parents wanted. We had faith in what all the close relatives were saying. Yet, the way it happened was not the normal way and mot in any way advisable :)

• *our parents*

What Guys Said 10

• I guess it depends on the two persons, the whole fashion of pre-arranging it has its benefits though, so I think it can be useful depending on how it's applied. Usually I'd prefer if the parents also consulted their children and educated them properly first.

• I think arranged marriage amounts to slavery. It would be different if both partners really wanted to be with each other more than anyone else in the world.

Although the divorce rate is usually low, I don't think that's necessarily because these marriages are happy. I think that's from family pressure to remain married at any cost.
    It seems to happen a lot in India, and it's estimated that 30%- 40% of marriages are unconsummated even a year or 2 after the wedding. To me, that sounds like a lot of unhappy marriages with no physical attraction or affection.

• If she wants to I have no objections! But what the girl wants to do should be the deciding factor.

• I think arranged marriage might be better than the system we have over here that's fucked the decent people over and let loose the whores and all their whoredom.

• Think its not good at the same time, I don't really care what others want to do. That's none of my business.

• I haven't had too much luck dating lately, so if my parents wanted me to marry a pretty girl who has similar interests as me then I'm willing to give it a shot.

• This isn't medieval times so doesn't seem like the best idea. Though as long as I'm not involved I don't really give two shits.

• how many girls am i marrying

• I feel it's not my place to say another culture should act in accordance of my cultures rules.

If that's how their culture works, fair enough.

• I would rather sit down in this chair.
    www.mediaite.com/.../
    I want to meet and analyze my partner for a long period of time before I take that plunge.

What Girls Said 7

• It is not something that I can be part of it because I value love a lot. I believe in love. In arranged marriage it is more about cultural thing and logical thinking. I feel it is just opposite of what I am into :)

• Dont like such idea... why do people need it when they can fight and should fight for their own happiness

• yeah and I might end up having one

• I'm definitely open to having one.

• well i think they are all right if they work out right but you should see your partner before you married him

• I think everyone should have the rift to marry for love not to make their parents happy

• No being force by my parents to get married. That would be fucking pathethic I choose who to marry when to marry the fuck