Dudes: Would you smash wedding cake against your new bride's face at your reception?

itsabrideslife.com/.../cake-smoosh-question1.jpg

Personally... I absolutely want to smash cake against the dude's face. :D :D But... Not sure if I want that done to me... Because of makeup and whatnot. Hmm. I don't know. I guess it depends.

Ladies, would you be fine with having cake smashed all over your face?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• getting married in September. I don't see doing this. why waste the delicious cake we shelled out tons of money on AND it just seems like an unnecessary tradition

• I never thought of it hahaa. if she does it to me ill do it to her fosho but would I initiate it first? hmm I don't know xD

• I'd do it first :D :D

• Don't worry I'll do it for you Bertini. ;)

Lol.

• @DasBlaueKonigin Aww DasyQ, only you:D hahaa

• If I'm getting cake smashed into my face, then it's game-on. I would absolutely return the favor, and then some.

• We had an agreement to not smash cake, so that's what we did. No sense cockblocking myself on the first night

• I don't think my future wife would like that lol. My oldest brother's ex did that to him at the reception and their marriage lasted only a year lol, but I doubt it was cause of that she was bipolar and very controlling so that is why. I know cause I was in the middle of their fights sometimes when they lived in my parents house rent free for 4 months.

• I wouldn't but it would be sooooooo tempting :/

• Haha, so that's the Seychelles way of having dessert on your wedding?
    I think if we didn't like the cake we'd rather grab it together and the cook would be the target!
    Oh and... obviously we would replace the sugar with sneeze powder!
    Just for the fun of it :-)

• Nah, I think I'm supposed to smash her with my penis, not cake.

• if its a multilayer cake, I would tell the cake maker to put the smallest layer on stilts, so I could pick up the whole thing and drop it on her

• Only if she wanted me too or she did it to me first, other wise I'd respect her decision not to have cake smashed in her face.

• I was threatened with death, and worse, no fun on the honeymoon if I did this. :) Needless to say, I didn't.

• Only if she wanted me too.

• It sounds like fun but it doesn't make much sense to waste cake like that when you've paid a lot of money for it, I would prefer to eat it.

• I would lol

• Smash away! Its supposed to be fun. Nothing to be uptight about.

• Sounds fun.

• Cake smash!

I'd be open to it. but i'd wanna cake her back too :P

• 10/10 would smash.

Strong leading question.

What Girls Said 15

• That's a bit obnoxious. I'm sure the groom wants to look really good throughout his " big day," as well, so me personally eh. But if you and him are goofy like that, then it could make the moment even more enjoyable and memorable!

I don't like having my face touched in general - not sure why, it just irritates me, so I would probably be bothered if he did it.

• But my makeup D: good thing I don't wear foundation XD Yeah, I would be cool with, but he might get cake down his pants ^^

• No foundation on your wedding day? :o

• I don't really need it if I get married before I am 30 :) I break out really bad from it anyway :l

• no way. im telling my future husband that will not be happening. ur not messing up my makeup and getting me all dirty

• Hell no, I'd be pissed. It would probably ruin my whole day.

• Hahaha I would... but just a small piece... not too much...

• Yes. I'd just take pictures beforehand so my makeup doesn't totally go to waste. I'd actually start a food fight to be honest lol

• I definitely prefer the traditional feeding cake to each other as opposed to having cake plastered in my face. I didn't get dolled up on our wedding day for that.

• Depends on what kind of cake it is. Then again, why would I have cake that I don't like on my own wedding? Then again, why would I even have a wedding when I never want to get married? This is paradox.

• Hey you don't need to get married to have wedding cake. :D

• @ThisGuy56:
      You're saying I might get cake-smashed at someone else's wedding? That's it, I'm declining all future invitiations.

• Hey it's possible. Never know when a food fight will start.

• ok that is weird - cake is meant to be eaten not wasted

• I think it's a cute tradition. :) I'm with you on the make up, but you can always do a touch up.

• Nope. I can't stand people playing with food.

• It depends but I would like to not have icing or cake on my face.

• I HAVE to be fine with it because my bf will do that at our wedding in a second lol

• I would totally do it.

• Actually am terrified of that happening. No thank you no thank you no thank you! Lol