I fear I'm the type that will settle and marry the first person that shows any interest in me. Is that wrong?

So I've never had a girlfriend or anything, but my worry is that I fear I'm the type that will settle and marry the first person that shows any interest in me.

What i mean is that because I would know how hard it would be/has been to find a girlfriend I think I would just settle at anything even if it was not right match.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because she could be wrong for you and you could end up unhappy

What Girls Said 2

• You can settle on a female that shows interest and pursue a relationship there... You can also settle for that relationship and ask her to marry you...

How are you going to feel though - when you build a connection with a woman that is not your girlfriend you settled on - or is not your wife?

Don't give up on love and a happy relationship. I wish you luck.

• I guess it's not really wrong if you love that person... I am sort of in the same position... am marrying my first/only BF/guy I've ever dated or that has really shown interest in me... sometimes I wonder if I am settling.

What Guys Said 2

• well if you know its not right and you settle anyways then I think that's wrong. you should aim for what you want and be satisfied not settling.

• No, you're not wrong, its a legitimate worry.

You should recognize that dating gets easier for men in late 20's vs. teens and early 20's and you shouldn't take your success to this point as evidence of how it will always be for you