A Wife That Cleans... How Important?

Men, do you require your wife to clean?
Ladies, do you clean up after your guy?
Is it childish for a man to need a woman to clean up after them?
Is it childish for a woman to refuse to clean while still contributing to the family (money wise, bill payment, caring and loving, etc)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't need I wife that cleans. I'm a man. In my family's culture a man old enough to go to war must be able to cook, clean, find/build shelter, and maintain a home. Its not enough to be able to defend others with your fists, and earn a paycheck cause any kid can do that. A man must do what is necessary (cook, clean, find/build shelter, and maintain a home) for you and your loved one to survive. Ideally in a marriage for house work I would like a balance. For example when I cook, my gf cleans. When she is busy I am happy to take care of things for her and she would do the same for me.

What Guys Said 4

• Important because I'm a slob :D

It's important that she cleans but I too will clean. If I'm gonna keep it fresh, I would appreciate her help as well. It is childish for a man to need a woman to clean for him and vice versa.

• I do not require my wife to clean as long as she doesn't require me to cook.

• Would be nice I guess, if not I would prefer I clean my shit up, you clean your shit up.

• She better clean up her mess is what she should do. Anything beyond that is her choice to do more

What Girls Said 6

• My boyfriend and I have talked about how we'd like our relationship to go in the future and we've both come to realise that maybe it's not best for us to go along with tradition. I personally hate cleaning and I enjoy cooking but I'm not very good at it. I also know that I want a career in front of me, something that I'll be able to work at for a long time. However, he doesn't particularly want to work in the future and he genuinely enjoys cleaning and cooking and does a much better job at it than I ever could!

• I think in a relationship like this, its at a level mindset. I have OCD for being clean (don't know why) its not crazy crazy extreme. So if someone i was with was messy i wouldn't mind. Some guys i know are clean. (which is nice). I mean if the guy and girl wasn't cleaning who would end up cleaning? Who knows they might build up a pile of clutter. But i wouldn't refuse to pay for bills etc if i didn't clean, that's just silly. I pay for my share and you pay for your share (50/50)

• Aha, I think that it is kind of pathetic if a man needs someone to clean up after him.
    Cleaning is a shared effort!

• I'm going to be straight up, clean up after myself and my guy but i won't clean up after him 24/7 it goes both ways, you clean up after each other

• I don't clean much, but that's because I do all the cooking and stuff. But Ido help clean the bedroom.

• Um... My husband and I are going to go Dutch on cleaning. He does half and I do half.