At what age would you want to get married? Why?

title says it all!!

im like kind of obsessed about getting married, having kids, living in a nice home whatsoever..

and im only 18 lol! i love kids but im not saying i want them at my age now..

well i would want to get married after the age of 25..

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm almost the same, minus the kids part. Don't get me wrong, I do want to have one some day, but I want to live my own life with someone I love for a while before I live my life for my child. It's pretty much been that the only life goal I have had remain the same over the years is to be a husband. Honestly, I want to be married before the age of 25, just have to meet the right girl first. Of course, if she was the right girl I'd be ready to propose right now.

• nice! how would you think/feel that she is the right one though?

• That's the problem. I think it takes being with someone for at least two years to be able to tell something like that.

What Guys Said 9

• My practical answer is that sometime in the next 2-5 years would probably be ideal.

But I also know that it's fool-hearted of me to try and be practical like that, as I know that love isn't something that can be bound by the constraints of time. Add to that the fact that, when I am with the right woman and I want her to become a permanent part of my life, I won't care about any arbitrary marriage deadlines anyways. When I'm ready I'm gonna be ready, life timelines be damned.

Maybe it happens in the next year? Maybe it happens in the next five years? Who knows.

• I want to get married when I feel ready. I don't care how long it will take. If I give a specific time or goal, it won't feel right. I already married at 18 and I regret it. But I don't tell her because that means I regret the time and effort we put into the relationship. Glad I got a divorce though. Best for the both of us.

• We married at 25 (both)

• When I'm in my early to mid 60's.

• Definitely no rush if even getting married, past 25-30.

• If anything, late 20s early 30s.

• If given the opportunity i would marry immediately !! I mean not you but someone else xD

• For me after 33 :D
    and kid after 35 :D

• Marriage isn't for me. Not until the laws make it more favourable for men.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't have a particular age in mind but there are certain things I'd like to do first:
    •complete my Occupational Therapy degree
    •work as an Occupational Therapist for at least one year
    •live by myself (with my dog) for at least one year (I always seem to be sharing a house with other people)
    •travel around the world and visit my friends in various countries

I also want to feel ready for such a commitment, and I want to date/court the man for at least 2 years before deciding whether or not to marry him.

So, going by that list, I'll need to be at least 25 years old. And I want to get married by 30 and have kids before the age of 35.

• Dunno, once I'm done with law school and establish myself relatively well as an attorney. Which would be, what, 8-10 years from now? Sounds about right. That'd make me 25-27 at the time of marriage. I don't think I can afford a relationship time-wise before that.

• I want to get married no later than 25. I want someone who already has children of his own. Just to see if I'm really capable of being a mom. And to improve my mommy skills lol Even though as a step parent I would have the job but not the title lol

• Around 25, but mostly because that's the same age my mum got married and older than that to me seems a tad late (e. g. 27+).

• Never. I don't want to be legally attached to anyone. I like to change locations when I can, so I wouldn't want to settle down in a home with someone, and I sure as heck don't want kids. e

• Haha I'm a bit like you - I want to settle down early maybe 22-24

• your running out of time ^^

• Yea you have to be the kindest at that particular time. Showing attitude or tantrums will make you popular among the marriage brokers who will consider you as a "laddahkh" :P ' The movie "East is East" has very funny scenes on that situation !!!

• When I'm ready but after we've both got a steady income and maybe 6 years together at least
    kids after marriage probably

• 30 maybe? I don't know. I give a diplomatic answer for that. When I feel ready :) lol

• And about why? I don't know. I think I will be madly in love and only solution will be getting married :D That is the only answer that comes to my mind.

• I would want to get married at 25-27 also as i would have enjoyed my youth and feel its the right time to start a new chapter in life :)

• i haven't thought about it yet, but i guess around 30.

• I'm not sure if I even want to get married so idk.