Girls and guys: Do you want to get married? And do you want to have kids?

Title explains it all. Do you want to get married and do you want to have kids

• I want to get married and I want to have kids.
  • I want to get married but I don't want kids.
  • I don't want to get married but I want kids.
  • I don't want to get married and I don't want kids.
  • I have absolutely no idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage is not a "life goal" for me.
    While I do find the ownership aspects sexy and romantic, it's not something that I feel I *have* to do.
    I'd be perfectly happy just BEING with the man I love, we don't have to get married.
    Basically - If the man I loved and wanted to be with asked me, I'd probably say yes.
    If he never asked, I wouldn't care and I wouldn't be hurt.

I've never wanted children and I still don't.
    That may change when/if I fall in love, I don't know... but I seriously doubt it.
    Some people simply aren't meant to be parents.

What Girls Said 42

• I never wanted marriage or kids. In fact, I remember when I was younger there is this superstition my mother always used to say, that if someone sweeps your feet, you supposedly wouldn't get married.
    So I would grab the broom and sweep the hell out of my feet haha. I never wanted marriage, and I don't have the patience for kids.
    I do want a life long commitment/relationship though. A soulmate. But I think marriage kinda "cheapens" it. Like "I love you so much that I want to get the government involved in case you decide to leave me." Idk, I feel that if you love someone, they should have the choice to leave or stay. (I know with marriage you can through divorce, but it'd be expensive or a hassle and would delay or affect their decision even more).
    If they decide to stay, then great. If not, well that would suck lol
    Just my opinions, don't mean to knock anyone who wants marriage or kids :)

• Marriage isn't always just about the legal side of it. For Catholics it is one of the big sacraments of the Church.

• Call me old fashioned, but yeah I definitely wanna get married (I'm super nerdish, already have all kinds of wedding ideas, and a pinterest that is totally devoted to wedding stuff I love lol) and I soooo wanna have kids :) (once again, I'm a dork with all kinds of name ideas)

• I've never liked kids, I've never wanted them and thankfully my boyfriend feels the same way. However, I've always seen myself as married, marriage is something he doesn't want but I have a feeling he'll change his mind one day :3 If not, it's not the end of the world.

• I'm getting married in a few months and yes I want kids. Just one, or maybe two, but not for a couple of years.

• I like kids, but I'm simply not cut out for this shit. I've never been a responsible person. As for marriage, well, I'm not malicious or especially dishonest, so I wouldn't cheat, but I wouldn't last in a single relationship long enough to justify marriage, either. I've never been in a relationship, but I know that in other areas of my life I cannot but see possibilities. I can't even pick a favourite yoghurt flavour, how am I supposed to choose one person to stay with my whole life?

... ok, MAYBE I'd consider marriage, but only if the guy does all the chores around the house for me. These are hard to come by.

• Whenever I say I don't want kids, people always laugh and basically pat my head then say, "you'll change your mind."

No, I won't.

I was NEVER around children when I was younger, (small babies and toddlers because I was the youngest) so I'm not comfortable around them. They are loud poop machines that in my eyes cost way too much, and are just gross. (No offense)

But I do want to be married maybe.

• I'm not completely opposed to getting married, but I'm not dreaming of my wedding day or anything. I don't need a piece of paper to validate my relationship. If it's meant to last forever, then in will. A certificate won't make me love him any more.

And no, I'm 100% not open to having children and never have been even when I was a child. Children freak me out and they're annoying as puck. I prefer animals <333

• I don't want to have kids, but am open to marriage.
    Picked D, because obviously I'm not going to say that I want to get married before I meet someone I want to marry.

• I want both marriage and children.

• I do want to get married and have exactly 5 kids! But not yet wait until I am like 27 and get married and then after 2years have a kid after each turns 1!

However I can't see myself marrying anyone ever! AND I am scared to get married for some unknown reason!

• I dot wanna get married but I want to adopt a bunch of kids

• Option B. Though I don't see marriage as a must, it would be great and if the relationship proceeds to that cool. However, I don't want kids ever that's for sure.

• It's all still very relative... but yeah... I'd love to have kids and get married - some day.

• yes to the first option! I honestly can't wait to get past the phase in my life right now where i'm in college and just figuring everything it to a place where I can just settle down

• im still young but I've always wanted kids, and I've always wanted to get married one day so i'd like to think ill be a wife and a mom one day but WHO KNOWS

• I've wanted to be a mom and wife since I was in elementary school if not longer. :p

• I want both marriage and kids.

• I might wanna get married, but I don't wanna have kids. Voted for E.

• I want to get married, but NO kids, I don't know why I just hate kids xD

• Yes, I want to get married and have kids in the future-2 years from now. it's one of my dream to build and have my own family:)

• Yes one day I hope I get married and have kids but on this rate it will not happen soon... lol

• A! I can't wait

• I hope to marry between 23-25 and have 2-6 kids

• Someday, yes :)

• Yes I want to get married but no I don't want kids

• of course! and have a big family!

• i dream about big family, husband and at least 4 kids and of course two labradors.

• No, and No

• Yeah, would be nice

• I always wanted to get married and have kids.
    Ideally 2-4 children.

• More from Girls
    12

What Guys Said 22

• Falling in love with someone completely and totally is very much something that I want, and for me that would mean that I would want to give myself to her completely, and her do the same for me. So yeah, I would like to be married someday.

Kids... I really don't know with absolute certainty. I think I have a lot of love in my heart to give and that wouldn't be a problem. I just really need to fall in love with somebody hardcore before I could think about that, because I take the idea of starting a family VERY seriously.

• Anybody can have kids... the thing is would you be able to support them? Thats where most people fail to do so... yet continue to have kids.

• I want to get married, and I want to have kids... but I think I could be fine without any kids

• I'm not gonna get married of my own accord, but I'd
    grant my beloved that wish if she so desired.

As for kids, sure, I'd love that.. just not
    right at this moment in time. ^.^

• Yes to both.

• get married, yes... kids are really expensive and not like adding something great to the world we live in

• Absolutely yes. But finding her is proving to be one hell of a problem. Dating is insane and nobody seems to know what they want out of it these days. At least around here that is.

• every time i see a married man i get kinda scared. Marriage make sense but it looks so fucking scary lol

• I want to live a life full of happiness. If a wife and kids come along the way then I won't be disappointed, but its not necessarily a life goal to achieve these stepping stones. Happiness first :D

• I want both, kids can be really sweet. it's teenagers you have to watch out for

• I would like kids. Marriage I could take or leave, I'm not really one for ceremony.

• Picked option D. I don't want Marriage because there's divorce, which is expensive. Neither do I want competition with anyone else. Especially in a society and media-influencing enviroment like America.

• I do for both, just not anytime soon (I'm 18).

• I would like to get married and get to be a father someday but I'm have a lot of trouble with that I just can't seem to find the right woman that won't dump me with in a week or month and that truly wants to be with me.

• My girlfriend and I are getting married (not officially engaged yet, but it's pretty much inevitable at this point), and yes we do want children. No particular number, though. Whatever we are blessed with.

• Please do not touch your underpart with your hands. Why you should masturbate? Being a virgin who asked or informed you on this topic. Leave masturbation. Unless you leave this bad habit you will loose your happy sexual intercourse in future. Mentally you will be affected later on. You will feel sorry for what you are doing. Wait for some more years until you become 18 years make friendship with a boyfriend and have fun with him. This is the solution for your problem ok?

• I want to get married but I would probably lean towards no kids

• I voted the first option :D

• I have no intention of either, but I never say never.

• I will Never Saaaay Never!!!

----- Ewww, did I just have a Justin Bieber moment? Lol I think I did

• Depends on what your career is or your aspirations. I wouldn't have time for kids or a wife. I could get married and do all that, but it wouldn't be fair. I'm an infantryman so I must always place my mission first. I can't call up the government and tell them I'm not going because I have a family. Part of me would like a family, but that's not fair to put them through my bs. In the end, it depends on your job, your relationship, and personal goals.

• I believe marriage is a bad deal for men today and don't plan to get married so I don't plan to have kids either. Maybe I'll adopt some.

• I don't want to get married or have kids.