Why is my husband so selfish?

We go married a few years ago and my husband is becoming more and more selfish every day. Whether it's respecting things I care about or wanting to do things I enjoy or even in bed, I feel like they always come after what he wants.

Should I read into that as he doesn't love me anymore or is that a side effect of most marriages? What can I do to make my husband stop being so selfish?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you need to stop thinking about it and come straight out and say, without being angry but very calmly. That this was not how it used to be and you dont like it.
    Many people go into a relationship or marriage and think that now they can freewheel. Well, where is that freewheeling going but downwards.
    The secret of all relationship problems is calm communication and saying exactly what you dont like and what you do like. Calmly, without argument just say you are unhappy with the way he is.
    Maybe there is something he doesn't like. But a divorce nobody likes and that is where you are going unless you communicate in a calm and understanding way.
    Change how you behave in a nice way and he will change. But dont be a doormat. Be the girl he first met. Talk to him about past events that were really good, your enjoyment and how he made you feel.

What Guys Said 4

• Should I read into that as he doesn't love me anymore or is that a side effect of most marriages?
    no and no.

you should express how some of his behaviors makes you feel. talk to him about specific things. find a time when you can talk to him calmly and rationally about the issues and tell him you would really like him to work on x, y, z.

• I'm sorry to read this. Is he having any health issues? suffered a job loss or missed a promotion? stress can play a big part in ones change in personality. If none of those are a factor will he sit down and listen to your concerns and not defend himself?

• Have you talked to him?

• Yes I should have mentioned this, I have and response was we will do whatever you want next time. which next time gets forgotten, even by me. Another response is it's not being selfish, it's just being more comfortable around/with you.

• It is really easy to become comfortable in a relationship. Change things up on him. Start flirting like you were dating.

• its a human being, being a human being... sit, talk, tell him what you want, work it out

What Girls Said 1

• This is pretty common, so stop pleasing him and doing things HIS way if he fails to respond after you explain to him fully how you feel. No one likes being taken for granted.

• "Taken for granted" is what I believe too. Thanks