Boyfriend always jokingly/pretends to propose to me, WHY?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years, but known each other for 3 years. Lately he is starting to talk a lot about the future especially pretending and jokingly proposing to me. When I say yes. He just says great or when I ask him why (that question) he says "just checking". I really don't understand his actions, really...

not just that, but his face is serious when he asks..

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he is just asking to sort of test the water because, it would be a little embarrassing if he eventually does ask you and you say no!, but it does sound like you want him to propose, you never know !!

What Girls Said 1

• He's just making sure you want him and want to have a future with him. He's testing out your reactions! The worst thing for a guy is when they propose and get turned down. If you want to get married to him and see yourself having a future with him then react happy and loving when he jokes around with you. Make sure that its obvious that marrying him doesn't scare you. He seems like he is totally in love with you. I wish you the best of luck!