If a man was going to ask you to marry him, how would you like the issue of your ring to be handled?

Would you prefer him to ask without a ring so you could pick it out yourself, or for him to have the ring ready when he asks you to marry him?

• I want the man to have my ring picked out.
  • I want him to ask me to marry him, without the ring so I can pick it out.
  • Other. Leave a comment.
  • See results.

Most Helpful Girl

• most of the girls here will say ring does not matter, and when the guy proposes to them without a ring on day, they are going to come to GaG and ask "Why did my guy didn't propose with a ring, does he not love me? I s he serious about us or not?"

I am going to be honest I do want him to pick a ring cause it shows the effort he has put into it to get the size fit for my finger! but i hate diamonds I would prefer something simple !

• I think that might be one of the most honest responses I have ever heard. The only problem is even if a woman said "I hate diamonds" I would be afraid to get her a ring without any. It is just one of those things women expect, or else they come to GAG and ask, "Why did my guy not get a ring with a diamond?" lol

What kind of ring would you want? Just a metal band?

• Actually i don't want a ring! I want a tattoo ring! something like this i find this more romantic than getting a ring! :)

www.tattoosforyou.org/.../Tattoo-Wedding-Ring.jpg

I just hate anything jewelry made out of stones, cause I am a very clumsy person and afraid i will get it scratched somewhere or spoil it!

• Thanks for the MH! :)

What Girls Said 6

• My fiance had picked and bought my ring a couple of months before he proposed. It's important to know what kind of ring styles she likes and what her overall jewellery style is though - you don't want to get a ring that she's not going to like! I think proposing without a ring can send mixed signals.

• I'd probably be fine with a plastic ring if the guy was right. It is more how you propose. I suggest you don't make it a huge public thing because if she wasn't ready or something she would look like a huge bitch or accept bit not want to. Which is why private is better. Her choice is more genuine. I'd have it on you or tell her exactly that you didn't get one so she can pick one.

• maybe i would like to be the one to pick the ring... or he can pick the ring too o_O

• I'd kinda like my prospective husband to listen and ask things I like and dislike. My husband was looking for rings by himself. He wanted to get me large and over the top. I prefer small, nothing sticking out, thin, and white gold. I'm glad he didn't get me the ring he wanted to, it was way too expensive ( $1500) and the diamond stuck out a lot and would scratch things easily

• Im in love with this $3k ring. Its a diamond band, but I love it so much that if he bought his for me, it could play both the role of my engagement and wedding ring lol. But I mean if he wants to but me two separate rings, feel free :)

• I want my bf to pick it out :)

What Guys Said 1

• Never ever ever propose without a ring... or you are fucked!