Girls, how much price should your future wedding ring be at least?

If your boyfriend proposes you, how much price should the wedding ring be at least for you to consider marrying him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll marry someone because I love them, not because of the ring or the price

• Then how do you expect guys to propose to you. Maybe your view might change as you become older.

• Amen. Thats the kind of response, that is deserving of an expensive and beautiful ring, as opposed to someone who expects an expensive ring because she feels entitled to it.

• Well I just see it as, you're marrying the person, not the ring.
      And if you loved the person to begin with then the ring shouldn't leave an affect on your answer.

What Girls Said 36

• The price of the ring won't determine whether I'll marry him or not. Sure, I'd prefer it if it wasn't a ring from a gumball machine, but neither does the ring have to cost hundreds, or thousands of dollars. There are some very beautiful rings out there that are also on the less expensive side.
    But really, even if he gave me a ring from a gumball machine, it wouldn't matter if I truly loved him. If I truly loved him, I'd say yes no matter what kind of ring he bought me. Besides, I'd prefer it if he saved the money for something more useful than a ring.

• That's awesome. I hope all the girls that are saying that the price doesn't matter are being honest and not just for their image like one guy mentioned girls might do. This one girl though said 40 to 50 thousand dollars at least which is crazy haha.

• 40-50 thousand IS crazy. I'd be scared to walk around with a ring that cost that much. I'd be constantly worried about breaking it or losing it... or even getting mugged. That's why I'd rather wear a cheaper ring, because I'd be able to wear it confidently.

• I'm not sure of the exact price of my engagement ring, but I know it was not more than $1500, including the matching wedding band. And that's fine with me, because I love the ring he picked out for me and that's more important. Anything more than $2000 is a waste, I think, and I would not want to wear a super expensive ring either. My parents didn't even have rings when they got married. They only got them on their 10th anniversary.

• Would you have been fine if he had gotten you a much cheaper ring than a $1500 ring?

• Absolutely. I know he didn't have a lot of money to spend on it. I've seen some real nice rings in stores here for $300 or $400.

• I don't really care to get married, however there is only one wedding ring I've seen that I liked. It's from Tiffany's and costs $16,000, the Tiffany Soleste.
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/244ppw3.jpg[/IMG]

• I'm not planning to get married, but if I was, I'd only care about the ring looking nice and being my style. I couldn't care less about its financial value.

• Well I don't know a good quality one. I'm not big on jewelry, so nothing big just simple and good quality. And it has to be fair trade. I'd say over 100$ for sure I don't know how much they cost really? But I don't care so much

• It Wouldn't Matter The Price Cause At The End Of The Day It's Not About How Much The Ring Cost Or How Big It Is , It'll Be About The Love We Share We Each Other And The Bond We Have

• More than a ring pop, less than a car. The rule of thumb is 3 months salary, but I'm not going to ask how much it cost anyway, so who cares?

• personally i don't know... as long as its a wedding ring...

• i could care less about the price. as long as it isn't a cheap, gumball machine ring, it works for me. Its the guy that matters, not the ring

• I always thought its dumb spending too much money on a ring. Its better to invest the money in a nice vacation.
    It sounds so corny but as long as it comes from the heart, then the price won't matter that much.

• I don't care about the price. Aslong as it's silver with a nice little rock! I'd be happy. I don't want him to go all out, 300-600 pounds max

• I don't think it's so much the monitary value- but that it will stand the test of time ( archivally speaking) and o of course- that it fits who you are. I am a jewelry designer. And candidly - anything 14k gold or higher (white, rose or yellow) you will have forever. Even fine silver or sterling. It is still a precious metal and if he cannot afford anything else- you can upgrade later in life. Precious metal are precious for a reason.

And I personally, as a jewelry designer, would opt for a precius or semi precious stone (s) befor a synthetic anything. Why start off w something fake to signify truth.
    So many stones are beautiful! And a gorgeous Citrine, Morganite, Tourmaline, Rubilite etc... can be much nicer than a cheap cloudy diamond. Hope this helps

• Zero, I don't want a ring.

• at least $4,000 I'm a grown woman and i honestly known how much wedding rings cost. My sister's wedding ring is $7,000 and my other sister that Is currently engaged ring is $6,000. My 21st birthday ring from lovely older sister costs $1,000. I will always wear that ring so my wedding ring must cost over $1,000.

• Wow... I wish I had that kind of money! I know mine will be no where near that much... unless I buy it for myself... which I might

• @EgyptianNergerts, I truly believe that the only girls who deserve a nice expensive ring are the ones who believe they aren't entitled for it. That love isn't measured by certain price. I'm more than happy to buy an expensive ring for the girl that I love but I'd never do it if she believes she is entitled to having a really expensive ring. I'd leave her instead.

• My dream was to have a tattoo ring on the ring finger with a design combined with his name or a special design just for us! FOREVER MINE! LOL!

• some people say something like 2 weeks paycheck or whatever. I personally think it's whatever you're comfortable spending. I wouldn't want something so expensive because I'd feel funny wearing it. My friend's engagement ring was $9,000 and I think that's ridiculous.

• I heard three months salary cuz then it shows he worked really hard for it so I guess depends on how much bank u make lol plus the girl should only care about how long he was searching for the gold not how much found :3 thts someone u should give a wedding ring too

• Okay, first of all the ring doesn't (or at least shouldn't) be the deciding factor of whether she says yes or not. But it does have to show some thought, which you're obviously doing so you're doing okay so far. Believe it or not it's the kind of ring that matters most. Even though it might not make sense to guys, girls really like some styles and not others, no matter how big it is. Pick a ring that matches your girl's style and ask in a romantic way and you can't go wrong.

• What if it looks nice but is really cheap?

• Chances are if it looks cheap it won't last like a more expensive one. But, if you're honest about it, don't lie and say it's a real diamond etc., and she really loves you, it shouldn't matter. Don't spend more than you can afford, but it's definitely worth saving up for if you have to, don't rush it.

• I don't care about how much it cost, I care if the diamond is of good quality. It can be a tiny diamond as long as its quality. I don't need some huge ass diamond to be happy. Id honestly be scared shitless to wear a huge diamond ring.

• Its npt the price so much as the style. Pay attention to what kind of jewelry she likes and you should be golden

• My dream wedding ring is $275.
    But I'm looking at this pair for $70, both his and hers. Unfortunately my husband isn't too fond of the idea of cheap, but I'm perfectly happy if we had only 50ยข

• The tradition is 3 months pay, but in my opinion the ring should just show you know the person. Like I would want a guy to get me a diamond and emerald ring as I'm very attached to my birthstone.

• I expected and suggested an 1000 dollar ring but got an 11.000 one. So of course I felt very.. special :) but i wouldn't have mind a way cheaper one.
    IIts about that it lasts forever.

• Within his budget there's no need yo spend a lot of money on ring which I find unnecessarily

• I picture like 900-1000 minimum... I'd be scared he wouldn't think I'm worth a lot if he paid less

• Obv the ring doesn't affect whether id consider marrying him though

• $7 ;)

• No more than 2k but I don't really care

• I meant to ask at least. Some might say 2K is really cheap.

• Yeah more than that just seems ridiculous to me. I would rather an inexpensive ring and a sweeeeeet honeymoon. I prefer experiences to objects.

• my sentiments exactly. though I didn't make my own post because I knew it would make the QA angry to see men writing on his topic...

• It doesn't really matter much to me. I don't even know how much good rings cost.

• Lowest $300

• To tell you the truth I'd be surprised that I'm being proposed to. But as long as we're IN love with one another I have no problem how much the rings cost.

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 8

• If price is of hugest priority I wouldn't even bother

• Dude, just let girls answer man. If we'll have guys like you answering like this then girls would be too afraid to post honestly due to being judged by guys. I really wanna know how much they expect the wedding ring to be because wedding rings aren't just any rings.

• I know I'm not going to spend a lot. I don't want her finger to be ripped off as someone tries to steal her several thousand dollar wedding ring from her finger.

• 3 months pay

• Are you gay? Or bisexual?

• Darn... Look what u guys did.

• If you honestly think two guys answering the question is going to change girls answers/scare them away then I don't know what to tell ya

• If your boyfriend proposes you, how much price should the wedding ring be at least for you to consider marrying him?

Engagement ring?
    2500$- 3500$

• Why does love have to be expressed in money?

• The ring is a tradition, it is not an indicator of how much you care about or love someone. Donald Trump could buy a 10mil ring if he wanted to, doesn't mean he loves the person. Honestly the best ring is one that means something to you (you chose it for specific reasons that relate to her) and means something that relates to your relationship. Forget this "one months wages minus your taxes plus half your superannuation" bullshit. That has nothing to do with love, its meaningless. Besides if the monetary value of a ring represented your love for someone, then men would also receive a ring or item of the same value. Just going by the same perverted logic.
    Its like christmas. The original meaning was the birth of jesus, summer solstice etc but now days unles you buy some useless piece of junk for someone your not "truly" celebrating christmas. So my answer is forget the price, just buy something that has a value other than monetary value and reflects her/him

• Sorry "Winter solstice", it gets confusing in the southern hemisphere lol.

• id rather she spend little money on my ring and i spend little money on her ring. I don't see the point in rings. I think i would be way more tempted for us to get tattoos of a ring on our fingers

• Yeah but what happens if you break up?

• Well it's a small tattoo. It's not to hard to get rid of or that noticeable

• Depends on how much I'm already going to pay her father for the dowry and whatever is left over.

Right now I have a half-empty two liter bottle of diet Mountain Lighting and a roll of Tums (assorted fruit flavors).