What are the signs your boyfriend intends to marry you?

We've only been together a few months so it's too soon to get engaged. But I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time. How will a guy who intends to marry you behave? In our culture marriage is important. I can't spend more than a year closing myself off-if I don't know within a year that he plans to marry me I would be hesitant to continue dating him exclusively. I'm in my mid 20s and I don't have all the time in the world.

Most Helpful Girl

• "I'm in my mid 20s and I don't have all the time in the world". ... yes you do...
    I think you should generally ask him what he thinks about marriage, bring up a conversation on someone who recently married etc. and see how he reacts.
    If marriage is important in your culture, and he is from the same culture, I would assume he would only date yuo longterm, if he considers you to be his wife one day.
    My bf for example started talking about the future, asked me what my plans for next year are, where I see myself in two years etc etc

• He was divorced but said he wants to be married again and wants to have a family. He brings me to friends wedding. He knows I want to be married one day.

• Well, these are good signs, when he talks to you about it. I just think that he might take a bit longer to propose to you, as he might be afraid to do the same "mistake" again and doesn't want to rush.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know

What Girls Said 4

• His behaviour will be changed - more romantic, attentive etc

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...itted-relationship.html

• talk about a courtship. him courting you can last until you are ready to get married, but it also is serious and is the path to engagement. he should ask your father if he can court you officially, and this means he wants to see whether or not you are compatible for marriage, and not just going on dates.

• He might start acting weird from doing all the sneaking around looking for a ring or having it. Also if he doesn't already know and asks you for your ring size that's a good sign too

• If you don't want to waste your time you need to ask him his views on marriage. You will be wasting your time if you ask him a year into the relationship. Also it's a two way street, he has to see you as wife material