What is your opinion on marriage?

What do members here think of marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would love to be married. not because that's proof of how much i love my person and they love me, but because that's what i grew up around. my parents are married and they have been going strong for twenty-eight years now and i love that. i'm kind of traditional and old school so that's why. but i love the idea of being married, and staying married.

What Girls Said 4

• With the right person it's a blessing
    With the wrong person it's a curse

Sometimes you don't know whether it's a curse or a blessing until you are married

Also a lot of guys leave their wives because they know they are attractive

It's dangerous and risky and a lot of commitment.

• It's not needed and just makes things difficult ass hell when you want to end things. To me, if you're in love, you don't need a piece of paper to prove that, nor do you need a contract telling you to love this person until you die. It's a thing of the past. Marriage just complicates so much. I'd rather find someone I love, be with them and always make the relationship feel like it's new.

• I think that I want to do it for the tradition and the finality of having that legal bond between us but honestly, I don't really care. It's a nice day and a good celebration but it won't change the way I love my partner.

• I think it's overrated.

What Guys Said 5

• It is not needed, I don't see the point in marriage. It's just legal documents to me. Life without marriage would be the same to me if I was just to live with my lover for the rest of my life. The only thing that matters is that we're happy together.
    Would I get married though? Sure, if that's what my lady really wanted.
    Would I be the one to push for marriage? Nope, absolutely not, but I wouldn't be narrow-minded about it.

• Best thing I ever did.

• Its a bad idea for men. i won't get married

• Its the only way to convince third parties that you are a permanent unit worth taking a bet on.

"Why do we need a contract for our love"

Because love is impossible to prove to me, your banker, landlord, business partner. Because the world doesn't care how you feel. The world wants proof that if the two of you go in together on something like a lease, house, or debt, that you are contractually obligated to not let your emotional shit get in the way of my financial dealings.

Its not an outdated concept. Its a necessity in our world.

• I think it's an outdated concept that men have to tolerate in order to land a woman for life.
    Pre nuptial agreements are the only weapon in a mans arsenal to protect him from the one-sided divorce courts, in favour of women.

• In this new generation there are a lot of women making more money then men though so its sort of win win for women I guess.