Would you stay in an abusive relationship for the sake of your kids?

Would you persist in an abusive relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Children pick up on anxiety and stress. You are stressing them out more and potentially cuasing them l/t issues (even if they don't explicitly show it at this stage) - by remaining in a tense scenario.

• Thanks for listing this as MHO. I do hope that all works out. In the interim (if you live in the UK), phone the Samaritans for impartial and non judgmental support and perhaps speak to citizens advice about help you can get to leave the abusive situation asap. Sorry again to hear about your circumstances. Also, sorry for the typo above (I meant 'causing'). I am from an abusive background myself btw, and would have preferred to have been placed in care vs stay in the home I gRew up in (single parent that was emotionally and physically violent - so I was kind of talking from experience. All the best. S

What Girls Said 15

• I would leave an abusive relationship for the sake of my kids. People do need to understand it's not so black and white though. The time that a woman leaves an abusive relationship is considered the time of highest risk of violence that could lead to death. In other words, it's usually when the woman finally decides to leave that she's murdered for it. So her fears are not just rooted in losing the relationship, it is truly for her safety, and is a delicate process.

• No. Staying in an abusive relationship won't be good for my kids. It's giving them a bad example and exposing them to violent and aggressive behavior. The best thing for my kids is to get them as far away from my abusive partner as possible.

• No way. That would not be healthy for me or the kids, at all.

• I don't think this is good for the kids but either way I wouldn't it drives me nuts when girls stay with abusive guys

• No I would leave the relationship, and take my kids with me

• If had kids and was in a abusive relationship I wouldn't care if my kids would be upset to not have their parents together because they shouldn't have to see all of that. I would call a family member and leave then get a restraining order.

• No, because that would actually harm the kids more than it would benefit them. That's something a lot of couples with children don't realize when they stay together even though it's over between them.

• No, he might hurt my kids. I would take them with me, leave, and them press charges

• Not a chance if he abused me once I would be gone.

• No. I'm sure they would be abused, also.

• No, I would not my kids to live like that. Take the jugs and get the Greek outta there.

• How would staying be good for the children? I'd leave and take them with me.

• My mom thought it was a good idea at the time I guess. I was a child, the oldest of 3 and well i had to see the abuse, I tried to avoid my siblings from seeing the emotional, physical and mental abuse but there's so much i could have done.

• I would hope not. My mom is in an emotionally abusive one

• No! I refuse to let my husband be abusive to me... I'm not saying is or has ever been either Lol. I'm very bull headed and will fight back, but my husband also knows if it ever happens one time I'm done. And as far as the kids its not good for them to see that. If a little boy sees his daddy or any man at that being abusive to a woman they will think its okay to. And little girls might see it and just think that's how its suppose to be. I don't know as why you're asking. But little boys need to know to respect a lady but not to just take shit off of her either. Little girls need to learn that you don't let a man treat you like shit, they need to know they always have somewhere to go, and by that I mean back to momma and daddy because they know they are safe there and that daddy will kill the man that treats his daughter that way.

What Guys Said 1

• no because being in a abusive relationship is just as bad for the kids lol.