How long shoud u wait before getting married?

Iv been dating this guy and his really sweet we connected from the start we did things backwards we moved in together before we made things official. We live in tx and he wants to take me to ny to meet his fam things are really getting serious with us wev talked about marriage but we both know its to soon i think we should at least wait a year everyone asks us if we are married even my mom asked if i had a secret wedding. What do y'all think?

Most Helpful Girl

• How long have you been dating? My teacher in HS got married within 6 months of dating and has been married happily for 27 years.

My mom and dad have been married 23 years and dated for 3 years before getting married.

My friend met, dated, and married her husband within the span of 11 months.

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and while there's talk of engagement, we're still just dating.

It' all depends on the situation.

What Guys Said 2

• There's no time limit, but long enough to know eachother. What you want in a relationship and marriage. If you want kids, how to raise them, what religion if any will you raise them under, if you have similar sex drives, similar kinks (what you want sexually/are ok with), what your political beliefs are, taking time for marriage counseling. There's a lot you should take care of before you marry

• Also knowing each others family and how much you want them to be apart of your lives

• How long have you been dating? Every situation is different. You can be engaged for a year or more before actually getting married.

What Girls Said 1

• I was with my husband a year when we got engaged and was married in six months. Granted I knew my husband way before we got together.