What would happen if a married man gets another woman other than his wife pregnant?

What exactly would happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• He'd be ordered to pay child support and he may or may not leave his wife or his wife may or may not leave him. Even if their is a prenuptial agreement - if the relationship ends because of cheating - you can still talk half his money away in a divorce. I was told by a friend with a lot of dating experience that most men who cheat on their wives have no intention of marrying their mistress. If they wanted to leave their relationship they would. They are instead looking for sex with another woman but are usually not looking for a relationship. I have heard many stories of men who got girls pregnant out of wed lock and then the mistress remains unmarried and the man remains with his original wife. Do you want to be a single mom? Especially with a married man who rejected you? What would that do to your reputation or that of your children? also do you have any idea how painful child bearing is?

What Guys Said 3

• He would come to him for child support. His wife would divorce him. The side piece would think that now her baby will have a daddy and she will have a wife. But the guy would move into an apartment, live the bachelor life and pay child support and visit all the kids on his weekend

• He would be liable for child support. The mother (through her attorney) would petition the court for an order for paternity testing. He would also be entitled to visitation.

• Yes, child support.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends. Anything from nothing to murder I guess. Depending on the sanity of the parties involved.

If MY husband got another girl pregnant he'd be served divorce papers so fast he wouldn't know what hit him. And he'd get a restraining order put with it. He'd be out of my life immediately. Regardless of whether or not WE had children of our own.

Some wives might stand by their husband. I wouldn't. He would have to pay child support for said child of the other woman as he is legally responsible for it in view of the state.

The man might leave the wife for the other woman, the wife might kill the other woman, the man might kill the wife OR the other woman... there are so many possible outcomes to this situation.