Getting married at a young age?

I have been having dreams about meeting some guy soon and then we date then get married after graduating high school. I want to get married when I'm at least 19 or into my early twenties. The reason for this is mainly if I do just so happen to get pregnant that I won't be old which I would like to adopt instead. I know that people see other young people as to immature to know what they want to do for the rest of their life but still I believe that if you know that the person your with is right for you then that's who you should be with. I understand when people have that like middle school type of relationship but still.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its completely fine to get married at young age. I dont see any problem in that. When I got married, I was 22 and my wife was 20, just before her graduation ceremony. We have had lovely married life for last 14 years and have been blessed with 3 beautiful kids. If someone do not have the problem of settling in life and can afford the family, i would say, earlier the better. There is nothing comparable to a happy married life full of love. However, all are not so lucky I would say, so make your decision after full deliberation.

• I don't know about kids just yet because I will have to be in college for 8 years then I could choose to do a 2 year internship. I want to be a veterinarian and I know that I will live what I do so I don't want to have to stop doing that because of kids. Besides that I like kids buy from a distance I will help take care of them but after a while they start to really get on my nerves.

What Guys Said 1

• I met my ex wife on January 10, 1989. she was in High School and we both were signed up to go into the Air Force. We spent every day together until I went into the military on February 14, 1989. I came home on May 27, memorial day weekend, and proposed. our families flipped out but I knew she was the one for me. Now it turned out we were engaged for 4 years before we actually got married in 1993. We set a date a couple of times but it was "lets wait until I am done with school "or "lets wait until we have better jobs" but in the end you need to shit or get off the pot. so we got married. We were together 25 years until she threw away everything and the divorce was final on January 14 of this year. I won't go into the painful realities of a 25 yr lie but I would recommend you wait.
    But I also knew a couple that were togther since elementary school. They had 1 child and another on the way when they graduated. They are still together and very happily married. But that is very rare.
    Nowaday's people don't believe in family. as soon as the going gets tough they bail and get divorced. Your better off find out who you are. become your own person. I know that at 18 you know everything there is to know in the world but trust me, you are going to realize you don't know anything about life. I think late 20's to early 30's are the best time to get married.

• Well I actually don't have a boyfriend at the moment but I don't know if you read the part about my dreams but yeah that mystery guy keeps showing up. I want to get married in my early twenties because of mostly if I end up having a child and if I know that he is right for me then I would just go ahead and get married since there would be no point in my opinion to be engaged for like 10 years.

What Girls Said 3

• Here's how I see it. If you really love each other, then waiting till your mid to late 20s isn't going to change anything. You both need to get through college and young people, like me, really are pretty immature. There is nothing wrong with getting married young, but if you really love each other there is nothing wrong with waiting either. You can save up for a nice wedding, or he could save for a nice ring for you. Yeah love and commitment aren't about money, but the real world is. Give a chance for you to get on your feet, then think about marriage.

• What I also have thought about is going to court getting married there then after saving money have a bigger wedding.

• or you could wait. It's also not just maturity but it's that people change over time. If you wait and you can work through the change together, you definitly know you can stand together.

• If you want to get married at an early age then that's your decision :):)

• I'd like to settle down in a young age maybe at 21