Why do some men get mail-order-brides?

Do they want a gorgeous wife, but are not able to find one in their country? Do they like foreign women's personalities & life style more? Or some other reason?

Also, do you think it's common for men to get foreign brides? Does anyone have any ratios & statistics for how common this is?

If it is common, do you think this could cause overpopulation in the country?

• They want an attractive wife, but can't find one in their country
  • They like foreign women's personalities & life style more
  • Other / Please Explain
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• From a guy who wondered himself and looked into it:

1. Marriages with mail-order-brides have a lower divorce rate.
    2. Foreign women tend to be more realistic.
    3. Foreign women tend to be more traditional.
    4. Foreign women tend to value marriage more than Americans (men & women).
    5. Men are tired of "the game" and just want to settle down with a family.
    6. American women are always chasing a fantasy, Prince Charming Syndrome.
    7. American women are hard to deal with (unrealistic)

I tried finding sources but this website wraps it up in a nut shell though:

www.returnofkings.com/.../dont-believe-the-lies-about-foreign-brides

Yeah, it's a "manosphere" type of web page but the dude mentions a study by the United States Center for Immigration Services which magically disappeared over the years. I know this is absolutely true because I READ IT off the federal website! It's completely gone now! That's where I got my information about low divorce rates. Talk about misdirection and censorship...

Now, I'm not saying everything I mentioned about American women is true. It's just a perception and not all of it is manifested at the same time. I've dated a lot, talked to a lot, bumped into a lot of women and I'm telling you I'm pretty much over it. Guys on this website hope for more by trying to understand women and be nice but fuck it dude. I used to be the same way but there's nothing to gain. In the end we can't keep a woman from divorcing us and that's basically the whole game, basically the end-all reason why guys are going to mail order brides.

• I understand what you're saying. But where does that leave American women who are traditional, have realistic expectations, & want to settle down?

• Interesting. In fact, I have a Filipina friend who told me how material and status-seeking Filipinas were. Of course, she came from an upper-class family so it may have been the circle of people she was with.

• And yes, you're welcome Asker. I always try to give good, objective advice. Best vote, eh? :o)

What Guys Said 13

• I would say the majority of them are awkward people that are too shy socially to go out and date here. If he has tried he probably was turned down mostly. Or was screwed over by women because it is mostly women that screw over men.
    The "ideal" situation with them is that they get an attractive woman that comes from a place where women are treated as 2nd class citizens. So they get to play "the man" and dominate her and she does everything he says.
    The reality is most are money grabbing sleazy witches that just want to come to America. she gets here, takes and hides his money, gets him to bring over her whole family, then eventually ditches the guy. The whole time cheating on the guy.

• Thanks for sharing, & gotta love the Godfather movies :)

• Its only an extremely small amount of men who do this. I could never see myself getting a mail order bride it would be too uncomfortable for me.

• They date enough women in america and get fed up with their bullshit and have better luck with women in other countries. I think it's hit or miss personally because I can picture some of the women doing it just to get into America and bailing on the guy. But overall, they don't have to put up with the "women" in america who are just flat out shitty relationship material and full of "I want this and demand that" nonsense.

• They aren't really mail-order-brides, they are usually hooked up with Americans through family living here, or the American men meet them while traveling to those countries specifically looking for love. The people perpetuating this mail-order-bride myth are just jealous white women who don't know any of those women personally. My stepmother is from another country and I know plenty of other men who have went to that country and found wonderful wives. White women simply don't take marriage seriously anymore and those men seek love elsewhere. Not only that but plenty of different studies have all come to the same conclusion that not just white men, but nearly every demographic of men prefers Asian women. They are just better wife material and that's all there is to it.

• I do not know what the correct term is for foreign brides, I've just heard mail-order-brides thrown around a lot.

• It might have been correct a hundred years ago when mail took a couple of years to travel to the other side of the world and you literally HAD to get a wife sent over with just one letter... But nowadays they usually have a long term relationship for about a year where they write each other and talk over the phone and the man visits the woman and her family overseas before she comes over here...

• well i like there personalities but i think long distance relationships have more of a soul relationship not mere a physical attraction and u have enough time to understand each other without having sex and losing interest (happens with guys) before coming up on a marriage decision

• We can marry the mail woman.

• could you expand on this?

• They don't like the political views of the women in their own country.

• Maybe a mix off all of them

• Westernized women and men are often shallow and many foreign people are more grateful, moral and hard working.

• I appreciate your comment because you're actually saying both genders in America have problems. I have no problem admitting women in this country have issues, but I think it's so important to realize it's not just a gender thing. A lot of Americans today are rude, impatient, & as you said, shallow. Thank you for your comment.

• You are very welcome. Sad to say many Americans have been mislead by a pathetic school system, parents and corrupt and greedy government. Luckily some of us are not sheep and can see the big picture. Be well and good question.

• Just need to know what the pussy's like, so one time is fine with me.

• Most of the time, it's because they can't get a woman in their own country.

• The girl gets a Visa to work in the U. S.

• Mix of A and B in most cases I think

• This is true. So I wouldn't worry about American men going off in droves to marry foreign women.

• I don't see any point in it. If you're tempted to go that road, it's better to not marry at all. I'm not gonna get married

What Girls Said 4

• They are desperate, they want to take advantage of a woman who wants a better life, they want a slave in the kitchen and in the bedroom

• Wrong. Totally wrong.

• I don't care if it does not make sense to you it's my fucking opinion i'm not up for debate you two can talk to each other I'm out for a drink

• Whoah now cupcake, no need to get angry. I'm just stating my opinion. Some of my family are what you call mail-order-brides. So I don't like when women who don't even know these people ignorantly bash them. Now I'm out for a drink too. Cheers! :D

• They cannot compete with men in their country

• What do you mean?

• Not good looking
      chubby by nature
      plain
      wants the basic. Nice body n a girl to do housework for then.

• Do you think it's a little hypocritical for them to want a really good looking woman if they are not the best looking themselves?

• I think it's wrong. Taking advantage of a woman's desperation in exchange for sex and housework

• Because a woman at a bar or restaurant who is using a man's desperation is COMPLETELY different.

• Just don't expect a honeymoon in Paris, cupcake.

• @jointhepatriarchy I always wanted to honeymoon in savannah GA. Have you ever been?

• My uncle went on one of those sites that match you with a foreign girl and he paid for her ticket, they got married, and she divorced him after she obtained residency. He couldn't find someone here. After the divorce he met another woman in his city had twins and another child, but then they also got a divorce.

• Poor guy doesn't have any luck