Do women believe in monogamy anymore?

It seems that nowadays women are always saying how they dont believe in monogamy anymore. This boggles my mind, because how can you not?

It almost seems like women are the flakey, flighty players of society, and most men I know really want one special girl in their life. Why is there this wave of women who dont want monogamy, yet men still want monogamy?

• Yes, I still believe in monogamy
  • No, I dont believe in monogamy

Most Helpful Girl

• I do! There is only one guy in my life right now, and I want to keep it that way. I think there are a lot if girls who are picking the wrong men to go out with though, and casual sex and friends with benefits is more accepted now alongside real relationships. So that's why monogamy seems to be on the decline.

What Girls Said 5

• Admittedly, monogamy isn't necessarily the best thing for a relationship. It's only society that dictates that we should be monogamous.

That said, I absolutely want and practice monogamy. Why? I was raised in a culture that advocates it.

• I'm the typical girl that wants to find her soulmate and be with him (and only him) for her entire life.

• I'll always be down with Monogamy. I despise cheaters -__-

• Monogamy was imposed on women so I'm not shocked if you finally get the notion that a lot of women aren't for marriage. Despite what many people think, women didn't come up with that concept. However, I would like to be married but from what I have seen, I don't think I want to either if that makes sense.

• Monogamy was not imposed on women. Evolution made humans monogamous as we began farming and domesticating animals. And since civilization, marriage was a way to improve status and wealth. Women were just as imposing in marriage as men.

• Because of the wave of men that screw us over. It's frustrating and easirr to have a fun life while not being monogamous. Sorry, man but younger girls have seen what their parents went through, started dating younger, and learning what men are about. We're monogamous, but of us are just acting the way guys do. That may not be your group of friends, but you know they do it. Being monogamous can wait, there are more things to do.

• Is it possible that maybe most women are just bad at selecting men? I mean, its been proven that women tend to be more attracted to men with the "dark triad" characteristics, and those men tend to cheat and abuse more.

What Guys Said 2

• A department store opened in New York City that sold men and a woman decides to visit it in search of a husband.
    At the store’s entrance, there’s a sign outlining the department store policy.
    The first rule states that you can only enter the store once.
    There are six floors and on each floor you can choose a husband or elect to move on to the next floor.
    You cannot visit a floor more than once other than to leave the building.
    The woman visits the first floor.
    The sign reads:
    · Men with jobs.
    She moves on to the second floor:
    · Men with jobs that adore children.
    She moves on the the third floor where the sign reads:
    · Wealthy men that adore children and are very handsome.
    She thinks to herself, "that's a very good deal" yet moves on to the fourth floor:
    · Wealthy men that adore children, are very handsome and help with the household chores.
    She decides to move on as things are constantly improving:
    · Wealthy men that adore childern, are very handsome, help with the household chores and are very romantic.
    The woman is about to make her purchase but can't resist moving on to the sixth floor.
    There the sign reads:
    · You are visitor number 31,456,012 on this floor.
    · There are no men here.
    · This floor exists as proof that it is impossible to please women.

Opposite this department store, another department store opened that sold women. The sign on the first floor reads:
    · Women that love sex.
    On the second floor the sign reads:
    · Women that love sex and are wealthy.
    On the third floor the sign reads:
    · Women that love sex, are wealthy and have large breasts.

Not a single man has visited the fourth floor.

• Women seem to think monogamy means only screwing one guy at a time. That is not what it means. Even dung beetles mate for life. Not excusing men though, they're just as bad in a lot of cases nowadays.