How to deal with a mom vs. girlfriend conflict?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 8 months now and we are very serious. We want to get engaged on our one year anni but his mom does not approve of me(gf). She tells him he's way to obsessed with me and that I don't care about him, so she's basically brainwashing him. I don't know what to do, I don't want to put down his mother in front of him because he's very protective about his family but at the same time I don't want him to lose interest over me, please help me

Most Helpful Girl

• since you're under 18, it's highly likely that his mother is worried that both of you are too young to get engaged for marriage. she was once a young girl herself so she might know what will happen if this goes through. honestly, if you get married without his or your parents' blessing, it's quite likely that it won't work out. when an adult, especially a parent, vehemently objects to a marriage, it's always the case where they can sense or spot something in the relationship that they know will not work out in the long run. ask yourself first if you really want to get tied down at this age or not, if you are dead serious about it, tell him how you feel about him, how serious you are etc. and tell him to talk to his mother, find out the real reason why she is objecting to this marriage, find out if she has a reason to object, or if she's just being biased and selfish. if she lists out reasons which are perfectly unbiased and reasonable, explaining why she doesn't want you both to be engaged, and if you are VERY SERIOUS about being with him, then talk to his mother. convince her. show her that you are serious about him and prove her wrong.

What Guys Said 1

• If he relaly cares for you.. it doesn't matter what his mother or father say...to him you are as much important as his parents.. maybe even more

• We are in a long distance relationship and his mom is brainwashing him. he loves his mom alot, I don't know what to do

What Girls Said 1

• U no what a relationship is between two people his mom can't get involved like this.. and if you can't decide on his own what to do then that is pretty stupid. You have to talk to him tell him how you feel and if you have what did he say?