Would you Marry a Muslim girl?

Give a reason if yes or no

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion believing in God is the most important thing. Religion is something that people chose it and everyone thinks their religion is better than the other. I would marry someone that believes in God and that's enough for me.

• @Givemeit

Really regardless of faith, also a Scientologist or a Jehovah's Witness?

• Scientologists do not believe in god

What Guys Said 44

• I would if the girl is liberal enough and open minded enough.
    Faith is important, to be honest I would marry someone who had faith in a higher power and be fine with it. I dislike people who think that their religion is better than others. What you believe is between you and whatever deity you believe. As long as you are at peace with that deity you are fine.
    What most people dont remember about religion or faith is that it comes from the heart. When someone believes what they believe in their heart then it is true faith. Otherwise its just a bunch of rituals and words that mean nothing

• I don't care which religion a person ascribes to as long as she's got a good heart, she's a good person, and she accepts my feelings and thoughts just as much as I would respect hers. So yeah, I would marry a Muslim girl just like I'd be open to marrying a person of any religion.

• As long as I was honestly in love with her and wasn't just dating her to impress everybody with how "openminded" I am. I dated a Jehovah's Witness once, and I think she wasn't really committed to her religion, but she was afraid of going against her family. She was so unconfident when she told me we would have to "wait until marriage" to have sex. Then we broke up. I liked her in a lot of ways, and it wasn't just because of the sex, but because she wasn't honest about her belief. I think she has woken up since and stopped being brainwashed (all religion is lies, but the JW's especially brainwash like a cult), but I guess our timing was off. See, it's not if you're Muslim for me, it's if you are religious. Jeez, after writing all this and thinking about it, I wanted to say "yes, anything is possible", but I think I need secular relationships because I think religion is lies. I've been watching a lot of George Carlin videos recently so that's why I'm being so blunt and maybe even rude, no offense meant. A Salaam Malaikum (I probably mis-transliterated that, sorry)

• I'm so curious now. I tried so hard not to be a jerk in my comment because you have a right to practice whatever beliefs sustain you, but you asked if each one of us personally would marry a Muslim girl. I have to know, why did you even ask that? I guess you want to anticipate, as a Muslim woman yourself, if that would be a possibility for you if you liked someone who is not Muslim? Are you just curious? These are just strangers on the internet in various countries, and some could even be bots who are programmed to study the responses generated here and make automatic replies (probably not, but it's possible, just like it's possible there is a God, it's possible, but not likely). Maybe I'll make a question "Would you ever marry an atheist" on this website. I seriously am not sure if I'm sounding terse here so please forgive my tone if I sound a bit overexcited.

• AM so curious, I can't change my religion rules and I can't run away from our culture, I can't even convert to another religion it's not that I can't but I won't I love who I'm, I Love Islam because I believe that if wasn't god rules and Islam I wouldn't be who I'm now, I'm so confusing here I wish I can marry Man from another religion as a Muslim guy can but it's impossible i know you may say it's Fantasy but believe me everything you watch in Media about Islam it's not 100% of the reality I would I want but I can't :'( it's really hard you need but in the end of day I have to choose GOD because I'm 100% if god get anger from me no human in the earth would help me :'(

• It's okay. I did not want to criticize your beliefs, but just explain my own. I know Islam is a peaceful religion. As for the impossible dream of marrying a man from a different culture, maybe you can just make friends from different cultures. You can even use Skype. I don't know what country you live in so I don't know what restrictions you may face. Thanks for replying and understanding that I did not mean to criticize your beliefs or your faith. :)

• Yes providing she is relaxed enough in her religion to not force it upon me. I will not convert, I will not deface my body, I will not give up pork, and I will not give up alcohol. But nore will I rub these things in her face. And in return I will not force her to eat pork, I will not force her to drink alcohol, I will not force her to dress or act certain way and I will not force her to convert.

Love is compromise, and if she cannot make that compromise, there can be no marriage.

• No. God tells me not to be unequally yolked. Will I pray to the Father while you pray to Allah? No. They are not the same.

• LoooL that doesn't called pay, you have to read more about Islam ^^

• No i would not. Its not that i believe my religion is "better" than anyone else, i just simply can't marry a non christian. i believe that there are good muslims, good atheists, good. scientologists, buddhists etc, sI've even been attracted to many and even dated a few, but i will not ever marry someone who is not a christian. other religions have their beliefs which for the most part i respect, and i have my beliefs. my faith is in god and the bible and I'm simply not allowed to marry someone who isn't one. i am not holier than thou or above anyone else in any way, and I've definitely sinned and made many mistakes and have even given into devious temptations, i just don't hace any trouble with the marrying oof a non christian. now lets say hypothetically i was allowed to marry non christians... i still would not specifically because i will raise my kids to be christians, and i wouldn't expect others that i care about to compromise their own beliefs for mine and i respect the right oft other parents of other religions that raise their kids in their own religion. so regardless of what religion i actually was, i wouldn't marry outside of that belief system, period. and if my kids grow up to follow something else or become atheists, that's their call once they are their own adults.

sorry if this is hard to read or reads choppy, writing this on my shitty cell phone lol

• I would not. I like pork and alcohol too much.

• You have a high education so I won't talk about alcohol with you cos you know better about that then I do.

• No... i'm not attracted but if she's Muslim, she's not allowed to date non muslims, only muslim guys are allowed to date non muslim girls

• I like music and believe in God and Christ, I would be open to dating her if she was willing to convert, otherwise i'd theologically debate with her till she figures it out

• First am a girl, second I know my religion :/ and I know it's sin to date -.-

• @Asker - AlhamduLILLAH you are a Muslim but I don't think Lukas was referring to you :)

• Nope, I like my bacon, by beer and my ladies who aren't silly enough to be part of a religion, especially islam.

• What wrong with Islam? anyway it's your opinion...

• Oh really xD

• Yep, and by 'face covered' I mean 'face sat'. My sister's friend's favourite sport to play on me. But I'm never drunk. :D

• What's with all of these standards or boundaries? Who gives a flying puck if it's a guy and a guy or a Christian and a Muslim or a bisexual and a straight? So bored of all these questions... tired of seeing so many of them.

• if you don't like don't comment so easy ^^

• If something offends you do you try to understand why it does or do you just close up and assume you are right and they are wrong? Instead of taking what I say offensively and saying "no one asked for your opinion", use It constructively and don't take what you perceive as insult to injury. Done here.

• Goodbye

• no way they're fanatics

• I am not circumcising my kids for anyone, and I love bacon. No.

• Damn every Muslim guy had circumcision still he can had sex, kids... :3

• Damn :P

• Awwh I was wondering if I'd see you on here lol- I can bet money on you and win soooooo much -its always circumcision topics

• Inshallah I marry a Muslim girl whenever Allah (SWT) wills it to happen.

• Depends on how religious/theistic she is..

or how conservative her world view is... If then, no because I couldn't be myself around her, nor could I be fully intimate with her.. i don't have extreme tastes in that sense, but if she doesn't like oral because she reckons Allah forbids it, then yeah it's not for me..

• Are Muslim men nearing extinction? Just wondering why ask.

• Or... For that matter, are non-Mualim girls about to disappear?

• I Know...

• That entirely depends on the situation.

If I was forced to convert and fully embrace every tenant of the religion (Me not being religious) then no.

If she let me be who I was, but wanted to share her culture with me, then if I loved her yes.

• Damn I wish I can give you MHO --"

• Sure. I'd think that would be a rare case, but I wouldn't have a problem with it. Like everyone else is saying, I wouldn't have an interest in converting, but if we're both tolerant in those regards, I don't see why I wouldn't date/marry her.

• But if you have to convert what would you do in this case?

• I wouldn't. I think that would be hashed out before marriage even came up in our conversations though.

• Love can change human mind and heart but it's still your opinion and I respect it ^^

• Nope. Atheist, and not going to deal with any religious nonsense...

• As long as she keeps her religion to herself, we'll get along fine :D

• Sorry but I think she has all right to talk to her husband about her religion culture that the meaning of marriage SHARE...

• She can talk about it all she wants, but don't expect me to convert or go to the mosque.

• we doesn't force people to follow Islam ^^

• I would not marry any girl that was deeply religious, whatever the religion.
    I wouldn't care if she was "culturally muslim" though.

• I would if I didn't have to convert.

• You can't marry a Muslim girl without Convert :/ but if there is love thing change ^^

• Personally I don't think QA should have asked this question but...

• @MaskofInsanity - Firstly Muslim women cannot marry a Non Muslim because the bloodline is counted by the father so if he is a Non Muslim then the child would be counted as one to unless he accepts Islam. Secondly Islam doesn't force itself down any1's throat. Yes if the man chooses to convert after studying it -AlhamduLILLAH -if not then its best if they move on. Thought I posted this last night but seems it didn't go through

• In the past 2 years I've had 2 crushes. Both muslim... so yeah if it wasn't so difficult with the parents id be down.

• No!!

In Holland where I live we have a saying, it says two religions on one pillow the devil sleeps in between.

I think the meaning is clear! Of course there are exceptions...

• and we have the same meaning in Islam hhhhhhh :3

• it's only possible when both accept the other doesn't have the same religion and doesn't force anything

Only having kids togethere can be a real problem

• i think you marry the person you love and beliefs or religion are a secondary factor! but unfortunately that view seems to be a provocative one in some circles

• Yes if i wouldn't have to convert... love sees no religion, race, etc.
    Anyways i am agnostic so i don't care about religion but if i im forced to follow a religion, then i wouldn't marry her...

• We, Muslims we don't force anyone to follow Islam ^^ we give others freedom we try to convince people with Polly ways but we don't force them :3

• Yeah well in that case i wouldn't have any problem :)

• Don't worry Islam is about peace I agree that some people did make Islam look bad but really some of our rules aren't bad ^^

• No, we wouldn't be compatible and I'm only attracted to white girls.

• If my fantasy is fulfilled yes, but if belief breaks us apart no.

• nope. wouldn't be with any religious person

• Honestly, no.
    I would never want to influence subsequent generations with this ancient lump of fossilized thought.

• Only if they convert from Islam!

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 8

• If I were a guy... No I wouldn't.

Reasons:
    1. Your family would probably hate me and think of me (non-muslim) as haram or whatever. They would think low of me and I don't need that kind of shit.
    2. You've made it pretty clear in other comments that you'd want me to covernt while you're 100% refusing to convert to my religion. Well that's not how love works in my book.
    3. I don't want your family to meddle in our married life. Something many middle eastern families do.

I for sure wouldn't marry a muslim guy for other added reasons:
    4. Many muslim guys seem to not have the kind of respect for women as non-muslim guys have. It's like women are second class citizens who are born only to satisfy their lust, make babies, then take care of those babies. Nope. Not the life I want. And the concept of "obedience" is shit to me. I will rebell if my muslim husband expects me to obey him unconditionally.
    5. Many muslim guys are just too dominant and controlling of their wives' lives. They just seem cocky sometimes.
    6. I wouldn't want to have to accept my husband taking a second younger wife just because I don't satisfy his needs. You better make do with me or just lave me altogether. None of that polygamy shit for me.

• 1. No that's wouldn't happen because in ISLAM we most respect others even if they are not Muslims because It's there rights as a human ^^

2. Love can change everything ^^ even beliefs :)

3. I agree with you some families do that but not all.

4. not many just few but trust me there is men who treat girls as a queens ;) that's what ISLAM say

5. not many do that just few who are bad Muslims in my opinion who treat women's as subjects not as human been

6. Not all men do that, yes in Islam man can marry 4 women's but there is a condition if a man want to do that ^^

• Go ahead asker. Block me. You demanding the guy to convert while you yourself won't is also disrespectful for the guy. You say "love can change people's hearts"? Yeah well if you truly believe in that and are actually respectful to the guy, you'd also think that you converting to his religion is also a possibility.

And you asked our opinion. I voiced it out. You didn't respect mine. And now you're the one screaming disrespect? Lol

• Maybe you should learn the difference of minority and majority. Cuz yh i don't like what you wrote cuz it's judgmental and wrong. I'd drop it if you got the point anyways bye

• They're not big on gay marriage.

• It's not gays marriage :/

• You asked if I would marry a Muslim girl, I said no they're not big on gay marriage. I'm a girl, to marry a Muslim girl it would be gay marriage.

• Ohh :3

• I am Christian, so no. It wouldn't work, but I still respect your religion + I got many Muslim friends.

• I'd marry a Muslim guy. You know it's super duper rare for them to even date outside their religion.

• Its compulsory for women from different religions to convert to (most of them will say revert) Islam in order to marry with Muslim men.

• That is from the Quran itself although there are ulema who will say that permissible != preferred. This you can state but what you actually stated you cannot.

• And to OP, Muslim men cannot marry any woman they like, she must either be Muslim or be among the ahle kitaab, anything beyond that is not allowed.

• Nah sorry but I'm straight :P

• I'm pretty sure muslim women have to marry muslim men

• That's right :) but there is some girls who marry none Arabic or none Muslims guy but does guy they convert ^^ love can change human heart ;)

• Sad sad sad, how wouldn't marry her? She virgin all that. Loyal!

• The ignorance I see in some of the comments is unreal. Dating a Muslim girl is no different than dating Christian girls. Just like some Christian families some Muslim families are really strict and just like some Christian families some Muslim families are really laid back and relaxed. The religion is not what you are dating... date the girl and see what her beliefs and family values are like and go by that.