Do you personally think gay marriage should be legal everywhere in the u. s?

And give a reason why it should or shouldn't be.

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course.. You can't prevent people from doing something that doesn't hurt anyone just because you personally don't believe in it. You can't prevent people from being happy just because it doesn't make you happy. Personal freedoms run the gamut. Hey I don't drink alcohol or smoke weed but I would never think to prevent others from having it. As a society we have to learn to tolerate that the world is a diverse place and our lives can take many different paths and that's okay as long as we don't hurt ourselves or others in the process.

What Guys Said 10

• I think the government has no place dictating when consenting adults decide to enter into a legal domestic partnership.

I think that no church/restaurant/venue/wedding services provider should be forced, by law, to provide services to any of said partnerships.

• Laws should be in place where necessary , such as murder , fraud , speeding , extortion , the lot.
    Marriage laws that dictate who can marry who above the age of consent will be a bit like dictating what can you draw on a canvas.

• Yes. There is no decent argument why we should continue to restrict the freedoms of people in the US.

Religion isn't good enough because church and state should be separate. Gay marriage is a secular thing, so it shouldn't be thrown out just because it's not religiously acceptable. And this is coming from a Catholic here.

Likewise, the argument that it will harm the kids is stupid. Gay people might be weird but they aren't going to "gay-a-fy" the children. Kid's sexualities aren't going to be influenced by seeing a gay couple married since their brains are developed enough to make sense of the situation. They'll still be whatever orientation they're born as when their older.

• When it comes to issues like marriage, the law should be made on a federal level, so that it spans the whole country not just certain states. I find the idea odd, that a US couple could be married in one state but then move to another state where gay marriage is illegal, how does that affect their status I have no idea.

• Yup, it should be legal. In the US and everywhere else too. The reason: love! 💕 :D And u know, equal rights and all that...

• Civil partnerships yes no problem at all.
    Religious church ceremony No. If the religion is against gay marriage then that is its law. This should be expected and not challenged. I feel some gays just want to challenge it for the controversy that it causes and to raise the profile.

• But some people say the bible says god doesn't hate gays, so if the church believes that god doesn't, could they get married then?

• Not hate it's the rules of the church. I am a non believer.

• Yes, assuming a local church is willing to do the marriage.

The government is not supposed to have any say in this matter as it is a religious issue, separation of church and state.

• No, according to my religious beliefs it should not be.

If it is or is not however isn't something that I alone can make into law, I can and do however have the right to state that according to my beliefs it is wrong.

• Yes, because... well a fair amount of people don't have superiority complexes and/or the fear of the unknown like JustBanannaz does lol

• Marriage was created over 4000 years ago by God to join a man and woman. America was the first country to take God out and kick him to the curb.

The purpose of marriage is for a man and woman to have children and the children to be brought up in a christian way.

Gay marriage does not exist and is a mockery. Man has permitted people to cheat God out of his vows in many marriages and look at what he has done in the past. The history of God is such that he has produced lands of milk and honey, they are the wealthiest on the planet and all honor God.

The world was destroyed twice because of gay and homosexual activities. Look at the USA now, everyone is fat and many people sick to the point of epidemic. Look at half the US under water and a good part on fire. Look at the USA is basically a slave nation with Americans owning less than 39% of their country.

Give to God that which is his. Marriage is a contract between man and God and woman and God.

• You blame gays for the obesity epidemic? Lol wtf?
      -___________-
      Just when I thought your comment couldn't get any more ignorant or misinformed.
      It scares me that people like you can vote. This is why I wouldn't mind too much IQ tests before you can vote.

• OMG I know right! Gays are JUST like Jews! They ruined EVERYTHING! Calm down Adolf.

• agreed. well put.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, in the constitution I have a right to the pursuit of happiness. And by keeping me from marrying my girlfriend, your literally going against the constitution. Your oppressing my freedoms. Yet freedom is what America's all about right?
    But it will happen eventually, it always does. They choose a group of people and bully them, then realize it doesn't work. At first it was African Americans, with hitler it was Jews, and today their target is Gay people and Latin Americans. Eventually everything will he sorted out

• no i dont believe it should.

i think homosexuality shouldn't be called marriage to begin with. I'm not a homophobe, but i am against the idea that it's being placed under the same umbrella as marriage.

• Homosexuality isn't called marriage, marriage is called marriage.

• thank you @lifes_curves_ball for having a brain

• Yes I think it should it's not hurting anyone. I think the reasons it's not already is because people will argue it's a religious thing blah blah blah marriage is between a man and a woman. However the fact is in todays society not everyone is religious or sees the same views so just get over it already let people love and be loved and share their life with their partner and the benefits of being married. I'm glad that my state legalized it finally!

• Yes, civil rights issues should not be decided upon by the people nor should they vary by state. Some states would still disallow interracial marriage if this were the case.

• Gay marriage should be legal everywhere. They have the right to be as unhappy as most other marred couples.

• @maskofinsanity shut up you can't even tell the difference between a fact and an opinion on my question. Sensitive trash trying to argue with me on my question saying I stated a fact about degrees but I didn't. Apparently college didn't teach you how to read and not jump to conclusions

• Dude, feck off and take your Sandy vagina somewhere else @halloweenvchristmas

• I don't think that it's acceptable for the law to dictate who can be married and who can't. Marriage is a special bond that connects two people who love each other. Saying that two males or two females is like saying that they can't love each other.

• Sure, why not? I don't think it violates anyone's freedom, since marriage is illegal if involuntary, and it makes lives of gay people just this little bit easier. Oh, and they get to have a nice ceremony that many people dream about from the age of 5... If we can make other human beings happy by simply moving out of their way a little bit, why shouldn't we?

• Yes, that would make things a hell of a lot easier to get married.

• Yes, of course! Gay marriage is legal here and I think that's great :)

• All is fare in love and war... But As a socioty we limit that to "all is fare in love and war as long as you are loving someone of the opposer sex." Here's my question: if you are born male but identify female and go through everything, surgery, drugs, speach therapy, etc to be as female as one can get... Can you marry a male? Or is that homosexual?

• No it shouldn't.

• Yes! Same-sex couples should be allowed to publicly celebrate their commitment in the same way as heterosexual couples.

• I think gay marriage, should be legal everywhere in the world.

• Because it is a sin and gross and what if a child has to grow up in that weird mentality

• No I'm a white Christian American redneck and I think only hay marriages should be legal. Do you know how hard it is to get hay? Those querosexuals and those middle eastern looking people should get out of America. Those Chinese too with their own buisinesses. What language are they speaking? Sounds like they are possessed by the devil. And I hate those Muslims too. I also hate those people who try to make peace and spread knowledge. I like being an ignorant racist American
    Somebody grab me a beer

• Are you serious? I hope you are majorly trolling.

• Duh I'm not serious